Pierre's Phantom F-4E Peace Icarus

Jan 21, 2005

The cockpit is coming aling nicely ;) Today I glued the front c/p to the starboard fuselage half, using LOTS of CA. The FOs are pressed hard to the floor, so I glued the c/p first to the floor, maintaing everything in place with large clamps.

My mistake was to put it on a radiator to speed up the curing. I forgot it there for about 3 hours, and when I thought again about it ARGHHHHHH, the fuselage floor had begun to melt away. So it's not flat anymore... I'll have to play with CA and putty to bring it back into the original shape.

I shortened the FOs, and sealed the retracting tube to the aluminum sockets for the LEDs. I also enhanced the c/p walls with a couple of frames, and a gray coating, which I made with a sheet of chocolate aluminum.

I also added the flaps actuator unit to the c/p side, as well as the RAT handle.

Cheers for now,

Pierre

DSCN9121_modifi__.JPG

DSCN9120_modifi__.JPG

DSCN9119_modifi__.JPG

Jan 21, 2005

Last one for today: I worked on the left and right sub-panels, drilling holes for the FOs. At the moment the units got their light grey paint coat, and are drying. Next I will secure the FOs, add the card-stock panels and glue the sub-panels in place.

Tomorrow!

Now ;)

Pierre

DSCN9125_modifi__.JPG

Great job! It´s looking better and better!

Speaking about forgetting parts where one shouldn´t: I remember my fisrt tomcat (an extremely expensive Fujimi 1/48 VF-84 cat that I bought maybe 15 years ago...). Had just painted black the fins and didn´t want to wait to much for the paint to dry. So I lowered my desk lamp over them while I was taking a shower. When I got back the fins looked like chips! :thumbsup:

One question, if I may:

how are you going to connect all those FOs? It seems to be pretty tight there in the nose!

/Kristian

... how are you going to connect all those FOs? It seems to be pretty tight there in the nose!

I will stick LEDs into the aluminum tubes. The rear part of the LEDs will require about 5mm more space. From there the electrical wires will run back towards the center of gravity (CG) of the aircaft. So I am not worried about space. I have plenty of it ;)

I am still unsure where the electrical wires will exit the plane. If I build it taxiing on the ground, they will run through the main landing gear . If the plane it taking off, the power supply will come from the main wing.

Tia,

Pierre

Hey Pierre!

We can't wait to see it turned on :) You have to hurry attachning those fiber optics to a lightsource :wave: :D :)

Incredible as always :)

Greetings, neu

Ok then how about some light?

MASTER SWITCH ON

AVIONICS SWITCH ON

INSTRUMENT LIGHTS ON

:bobby:

Pierre

DSCN9132_modifi__.JPG

DSCN9135_modifi__.JPG

PS: The MFD and GPS boxes are blue tacked. So do not worry about the fautly positionning.

nice..=) but tooooo bright

Excess in brightness is essentially due to excessive contrast of the photo. I was in a hurry when shot the pictures, si I didn't specially care about exposure. It's all about excitement to see the results :cheers:

But now that you've mentioned it, I will take a second look at it, and maybe increase the resistor value here and there...

Cheers,

Pierre