Pierre's Phantom F-4E Peace Icarus

• 3 weeks later...

Feb 26, 2005

Hi gents,

I am back to business, and noticed that my thread has slipped down to page 4 :thumbsup: We can't leave it there, can we?

To start with, a photo of my first flight as a pilot in command (PIC) over the snowy Swiss Alps (sorry to the readers of the "Real Aviation" forum, for the duplicate entry).

It was a marvelous day at 12,000ft :worship:

DSC_0859_modifi__.JPG

Ok, back to the Phantom. I havent worked a lot on it since my last post, but there IS a difference. Who finds it ? :)

DSCN9241_modifi__.JPG

Ok, a close-up to help you...

DSCN9242_modifi__.JPG

That's it for now. The next step is to build the read instrument panel.

See'ya soon,

Pierre

Pierre,

A question about the front panel dials - are the white face/black marker type dials specific to the Peace Icarus Phantoms?

Or iare thyey Night Vision Goggle related?

I still think that dials have black faces with white markers, so am I behind the times here?

Stunning work, guy!

Pierre,

A question about the front panel dials - are the white face/black marker type dials specific to the Peace Icarus Phantoms?

Or iare thyey Night Vision Goggle related?

I still think that dials have black faces with white markers, so am I behind the times here?

Stunning work, guy!

Chek,

After all you might be quite right :thumbsup: You are the first to notice the workaround I had to figure out to override an AutoCAD feature: it cannot paint white when the drawing's background is set to white :wave: So I could not design white stencelling over a black dial (at least I don't know how...)

So let's say the white instrument faces are kind of "tuning", or "customisation".

Cheers,

Pierre