Help with Camo...

I'm just about ready to paint my A-10.

I'm going to spray it Medium green first, then Dark grey, and dark green. What would be my best way in masking it? I heard Liquid Latex is pretty toxic, so I figured I stay away from that. I heard of silly putty, but will I get the nice round edges?

Whats my best bet?

Thanks,

Liquid latex is not that bad to use just smells bad because of the amount of liquid amonia in it.

Also you have to make sure that if you use it the paint under it is sealed.

I have had a few cases where the paint got soffened under the latex.

Blue Tac is great.

Have been using that stuff for almost 20 years now and I actually a few years ago had to finally go buy more.

I use it with plastic film to insure that I dont get overspray.

also if you rol the blue tac right you get not a sharp hard edge but a soft edge for the overlap...

Guest Guest_Paul T

I bought mine at Office depot (a box type office supply store) in Canada,but they call it Tac N Stik , same stuff,works great. BUT I just finished my F-five Tiger two in Aggressor blue scheme and tried the silly putty method (bought at Toys R Us) and am very pleased with the results,quite easy to work with.There is an article in Fine Scale Modeler ,July issue on using Silly putty.

Paul T ;)