1:48 Tamiya P-47 Razorback

Just finished this little gem on my lunchbreak this afternoon. Joys of going home for lunch....

Small story to this build. I had fully intended on getting all kinds of aftermarket stuff for it, and had already picked out decals to put on it. Knowing that, I gave away a prop I would not need from the kit in exchange for a pair of Ultracast wheels, thinking nothing of it. Time comes to build the kit, and I have a brainstorm to just build it OOB, including kit decals. I opted for Little Chief, as my wife thinks "it's cute". Lo and behold, I gave away the prop I needed. DOH!

So, MY version of Little Chief has the Hamilton Standard prop. Only aftermarket used on it were the aforementioned Ultracast wheels. Unfortunately, the carpet monster ate the rear view mirror this afternoon, while removing the canopy masks. Total build time is about a month, working on it for a few hours each week.

Anyway, enough rambling....on to the pics! Submitted for your amusement. Comments always welcome.

100-0011_IMG.JPG

100-0003_IMG_2.JPG

100-0006_IMG.JPG

100-0004_IMG_2.JPG

100-0008_IMG.JPG

100-0009_IMG.JPG

100-0010_IMG.JPG

Great looking Jug, Smithery.

Can I make an observation ? - Not a crit ;)

The Bazooka tubes were only cleared for use in August '44. The markings in the Tamiya kit are for Frank Klibbes' pre D-Day machine.

As I say - not a crit, just an observation.

IJ.

Thanks for comments folks. Always apreciated. And thanks for the info IJ(UK). Will keep that in mind for my next Jug build (and there will be many more).

The build was a great cure for AMS. I was blown away by the interior, and the overall ease of assembly.

Next in line is an F-4J, with full Black Box pit, Seamless Suckers, and CAM decals for VF-213 'Black Lions'. I'll probably need to build another Jug after that. :cheers:

The build was a great cure for AMS.

Hey Smithery....

The best cure i found for AMS, was joining ARC and going to the 'Nats after a five year hiatus :cheers:

Look 4ward to the 'toom. Be great to see one that isn't 'Showtime 100' :cheers:

Tell you what, I'll start one of mine as soon as you start yours, and we'll have a drag-race to see who finishes first ! Whaddya think ?

IJ.