Tilt's 1/32nd Acad CF-18

Spured-on by Pig's and Richy's awesome progress, I stole some time to get into the hobby room.

Taking a page from 'Pig's Philosophy', I decided to work on a few of the areas that I normally do towards the end. So far I like this thinking.

Here's some shots of some of the assemblies to-date.....

Aims%2001.JPG

Acad%20Hornet%2001.JPG

Also, a TOTAL copy job of Pig's work with the exhaust nozzles.....

Nozzles%2001.JPG

Nozzles%2002.JPG

Nozzles%2003.JPG

As per Pig, I simply thinned out the blades (inner and outer). I used some stretched sprue to simulate the 'Can Actuators' The extreme close-up photos look a touch ugly, but it sure does pass the 12" test. Adding some finish to everything will hide more.

Nice to finally get some modeling in!!

Cheers,

Tilt (woo hoo.......my 2000th post!!!)

Thanks guys,

This will be the 441 Checker Bird #188724 (as it was TRULY ment to always look). Yes, I'll be masking-off all those squares!! :thumbsup:

She's gonna have a load of air-to-air weaponry (Aim-7's and 9's) and a single centerline tank. This one will be finished with gear down, flaps down, canopy up, and no pilot figure. Basically like she's sitting in 'Q' waiting to go kick some ***.

Cheers,

Tilt

416??!!!

They still in business??!!

:thumbsup:

This will be the look.....

cf18441check-12.jpg

All other versions of this jet are not recognized!! :thumbsup:

Tilt

Hee-hee!

That's a picture from Hazer's site when we were on Q Duty in Comox. That is out Marine pilot at the controls.

That is out Marine pilot at the controls.

I was wondering.....

.....I did notice the white helmet. I kinda figured it may be 'Beeker' (441 - USN exchange guy).

Pat....If you're gonna build another one....I can't wait!!! You did an awesome job on the first one. Just make sure the 'exhaust' credit goes to Pig (hmmmm that just sounds funny!!).

Cheers,

Tilt

Tilit, about masking for 724,..... :huh: Uhmmmmm I did that in 1/48 and lost my sanity.

Roses smell like anvils, coyote. :blink: :wub:

Enjoy. :rolleyes: :wub:

Hey I like the combo of these 2 avators. Looks like Mongo and me at work. ;) :wub:

Very nice job Tilt! Like those exhausts! B)

PS: I noticed on your first picture there is a candle... you 're not getting romantic with that Hornet, are you? :( :D :) j/k of course

Now that's a visual image I just DIDN'T need to have.

Very nice job Tilt! Like those exhausts! :)

PS: I noticed on your first picture there is a candle... you 're not getting romantic with that Hornet, are you? :)  B)  :D j/k of course

Now that's a visual image I just DIDN'T need to have.

Oh yeah!!!

I turn the lights down a bit......play some soft music.

You know.........sets the mood!!!

029.gif

:(

But seriously....it's for stretching sprue.

Cheers,

Tilt

But seriously....it's for stretching sprue.

Oh, so THAT'S what you call it.......:)

OK, smart-a s s mode off......for now.

Holy crap!! I must be slow today....

.....I didn't even see that one coming!! :(

Tilt

following smithery, I return to normal mode... :)

I also have Academy's F/A-18C and I don't want to make an american bug (too frequent choice for my liking, but they do present a serious challenge of weathering), I'm thinking either Canadian or (less though) a Kuwaitian, Finnish or Spanish.

If it was a twin seater D it would MOST CERTAINLY become a CF-188B!

I seem to be in love with canadian twin bugs! :(

So Tilt, I hope that, as well as all others that have made the 'big bug', you can give us the most information. I 've never been to Canada, let alone seen a Canadian Hornet live (I 've seen a spanish one in Volkel, The Netherlands tho!), and would appreciate any useful info, guidance, reference photos or bibliography.

Looking at "pig"'s topics an yours is a revelation (but I can never be content, I always need more!)

Thanks! :D

following smithery, I return to normal mode... :)

I also have Academy's F/A-18C and I don't want to make an american bug (too frequent choice for my liking, but they do present a serious challenge of weathering), I'm thinking either Canadian or (less though) a Kuwaitian, Finnish or Spanish.

If it was a twin seater D it would MOST CERTAINLY become a CF-188B!

I seem to be in love with canadian twin bugs! :(

So Tilt, I hope that, as well as all others that have made the 'big bug', you can give us the most information. I 've never been to Canada, let alone seen a Canadian Hornet live (I 've seen a spanish one in Volkel, The Netherlands tho!), and would appreciate any useful info, guidance, reference photos or bibliography.

Looking at "pig"'s topics an yours is a revelation (but I can never be content, I always need more!)

Thanks! :D

I'm not going to try to persuade you to do a Canadian Hornet, but if you so choose....I have a website devoted to the CF-18.

Check out cf-18.com

Go to the 'Briefing Room' and have a look around. I have a couple of construction articles (more to come when I have time). I also have three Gallery sections of CF-18 photos. I've got CF-188 (singles seater), CF-188B (dual seater), and the upgraded CF-188M covered (also thanks again to Sean Bratton for extra photos).

There's also many great walkarounds, articles, and reference info here at ARC.

Hope this all helps. If a Canadian Hornet is not in the cards, I'd suggest an Australian F-18. They look pretty cool as well.

Oh yeah....don't forget to keep watching Pig's and Richy's builds.....plenty to learn from these masters!!

Cheers,

Tilt