A320 USAirways Progress

Howdy guys,

Here is a look at the first stage of decaling the Revell version in 1/144 of an A320 (Condor kit) as US Airways N104UW. This is an interesting craft as it was both a Shuttle and a regular US Airways. I have the Sky Marks desktop model as a Shuttle so I went with the regular. The Liveries Unlimited decal set A4-201 is what I'm using and it provides a lot of detail and great instructions and info.

Regards for now and more to follow.

Brian

I build and decal my ships a little differently it seems. I find it easier to paint and decal the body without wings attached. Of course there are some final decals that have to be applied after everything is together. Whats interesting, if you want landing gear down on this model you have to install the nose wheel subassembly into the fusalage before joining the two halves.

Oh well here are the wings not fully decaled yet.

Best regards and thanks for the compliments. I'm getting better at this wingy thing building.

Actually it's not black it is Model Master Insignia Blue FS 35044. It is a flat paint but a couple coats of future and it glosses up nicely. The USAirways Blue is almost black. The instructions with the decals say to start with black and add blue until there is just a hint of blue in the mix. I may mix the next one just to see what happens.

Here it is wings dry fitted no engines.

Best Regards

Brian

Almost finished, just a couple of antennas to attach and a few more line type decals on fusalage and stabalizers and she will be ready for the display shelf. There is a bunch of small decals that come with the set from Liveries Unlimited that go on the bottom half of the A/C. Half the fun of building this one was the detail in the decals. Here is waht they look like.

Regards,

Brian

I will fill it with some gray putty and rough up (dirty it a bit) and let it go at that. There are a lot of other lines that have to be decaled in yet on the bottom. First time I have worked with a wing that went on that way. Most have gone in through slots in the sides. (airline types). Whats interesting, is outside of the people on this board probably no one else but me and a very few close friends will ever see the bottom again after it is done and sitting on the display shelf. Seems like kind of a waste, like the false fronts on old western buildings or how movie props are real looking on one side and 2X4 braced on the other.

But yea THAT IS A BIG SEAM!!

Regards all,

Brian