So I started building this nasty Testors re-release of the old Fujimi kit about a month ago. It's almost done. The cockpit had no detail to speak of (and I pretty much left it that way). I just upgraded the ejection seats with some old Hasegawa spares I had, and put in a nicer pilot, also a Hasegawa spare.

This kit is a tad bigger than 1/48, but it'll work. I am building it as a gift, and the person recieving this model won't know any difference! Any here's a couple of pics from the build.

First pic just shows the sanded model (every seam needed to be fixed...) right before paint/decals...

Talon1.jpg

This one shows the current state. Almost done with the decals. Should be done in a few days or so...

Talon.jpg

I used Two Bobs "Press to Test Talons" sheet. The decals fit perfectly, despite the slightly out of scale model! I'll try and post more pics once I finish this beast...

lovely work :bandhead2:

The 2bobs decals really pull out the lines of the plane

BTW, the kit is 1:50 and was originally a Hawk kit. I got around mine by adding the pilots and boxing in the cockpit. Never again!

I have the Sword kit now :crying:

my effort, much less colourful!

talon01.jpg

:soapbox:

MikeJ