How many ARCer's WORK on aircraft?

Well,since the flyboys are chiming in on what they fly or flew,how many of us work on the aircraft so they can go have fun :thumbsup: All military for me,started off on the F-4C 1987 then moved to the F-4E a year later,the F-16C/D Block 25 in 1991 then on to the Block 30 in 1995(until June 2004 when I retired).Ended the military career last year after 22 years,kinda wish I was still getting my hands dirty on the aircraft though :worship:

I don't pull wrenches on aircraft,but I work with them everyday.I work for a FBO in Saskatoon,Saskatchewan where I supervise a hangar and refuelling operation.We also have a flight department with 18 aircraft that we use for charter work.On any given day we handle and fuel everything fromHercs,a d F-18 to corporate jets and airliners of every size

www.westwindaviation.com

vern

Crew Chief/door gunner on Hueys in RSVN.

Line chief at Birmingham Aviation upon ETSing.

Currently over Inventory Control at Universal Turbine. We deal in P&W turbine engines/parts/components. Was in Kennesaw, Georgia last week, freezing our backsides off, removing the engines from a King Air that had a blade strike. Brought the runner home & took the hurt one to Atlantic Turbines.

Yeah, I've had my share of safety wire cuts & punctures! :worship:

Happy modeling,

Jim :thumbsup:

I am an aircraft mechanic in Germany for a mid-sized maintenance shop.

Started to work there after my miltary service in 1995, and got my FAA A&P licence 3 years ago.

Mostly I am working on Citations and King Airs, but I also have to work on smaller Cessnas and Pipers. Or should I say everything up to Citations and King Airs?

Oh! I am also Crew Chief for a Pitts S-2A :wave:

I began my apprentiseship in 1950...got tired of bit$%ing engineers and joined the airforce...and worked on light aircraft as a hobby.

I rebuilt my Grumman AA1A Alley Cat in 2003 and have helped re-build other old aircraft. Presently removing the engine from the Alley Cat for overhaul, making new engine baffles, stripped, inspected and painted the engine mount.

I'm also working on a 1934 Bucker BU-131 replica full size build...

Does this count?? :wave:

Yeah, I've had my share of safety wire cuts & punctures!

I can't wait for the day a crew chief won't have to deal with safety wire!I thought the Viper wouldn't have that much but nooooooo,it's got just as much as the F-4 did :worship: Nice to see that the maintenance is represented also on the boards :wave:

I have been an A&P since 1993. I work/have worked on Lear 20/30 series, Citation 550/560 series, Falcon 10/100,20/200,50,900 and 2000, Challenger 600, 601 and 604, Gulfstream II,III,IV and V, Hawker 700 and 800, IAI 1124,1125 and 1126 as well as GE CJ610 and CF700 engines.

:wave: A-4E's and F's in the Navy. UH-1D's crew chief in Alabama Army Reserves. F-4's and F-16's in Alabama Air National Guard. Assisting my Dad, have restored a Fleet 41B, a Stinson Gull-wing, several Stearman, two Waco cabin aircraft, and a Waco UPF-7, drool.

Joined the MD ANG in 1980 as a part time Crew Chief on A-10's. 1982 got a full time gig there as a TF-34 engine mechanic. April 1987 til present Full time Crew Chief on Hogs, 79-0086 1st, then 78-0649 (which was xfered to MAANG) then my present jet for the last 11+ years 79-0175.

Love the job! Hate the crap we have to put up with!!

Started working on A-10's in the Connecticut Air Guard's 103d FW about two years ago. First an ACC on 78-0639, now the ACC on 81-0960 (the first Hog to drop an LGB in combat!). DCC on a different jet everyday when I was full-time over the Summer!

-Tom

"Took a college degree to break that aircraft, but only a high school education to fix it" ;)

No offense to the "O" ranks. ;)

Happy modeling,

Jim :)

I know a couple senior chiefs (E-8s) who never seem to tire of that quote :(

I WORK AT HILL AFB AS A CIVILIAN. STARTED AS A AIRCRAFT STRUCTURE MECH. ON THE F-16'S AND F-4'S SPENT 10 YEARS POUNDING RIVETS, LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT . NOW FOR THE PAST 12 YEARS I'M A PRODUCTION PLANNER FOR THE C-5 AND C-17 LANDING GEAR, HERE AT HIL I WORK IN THE LARGEST LANDING GEAR FACLITY IN THE WORLD. :cheers:

Worked on F-4J Phantoms while doing time for Uncle Sam's Navy, Now I work mainly on TF and P-51 Mustangs as well as Spitfire Mk.9, P-40K, T-6G, F-86E, L-39's and soon to be OV-10B Broncos :cheers: :) plus I think I see a B-25 on the way soon

Tomcats with VF-2 from Feb 2000 to June 2003. Worked with TARPS and LANTIRN. Made the transistion to Super Bugs and sat around the shop for six-months due to no SHARP or ATFLIR Pods deleviered yet lol