14 months and a wake up . . .

Aaaaaahhhh. . . . after 14 months since beginning this kit, i have finally finished. This kit was a first for me on many levels. First Hasegawa kit (ever), first jet in 20+ years, first time using resin and first time with photoetch. I stopped and started this many times due to frustration and ended up building four other kits during these down times. I could not allow myself to not finish so i continued to come back for more punishment (is it really punishment if you enjoy the pain?? :thumbsup: )

Anyways, the kit is what it is, finished. I couldn't have seen this through to completion if it weren't for this site and all the amazing talent here. So much motivation how can you not want to join in the fun??

I hope you enjoy the photos and thanks for taking the time to look.

F4J02.jpg

F4J04.jpg

F4J05.jpg

F4J07.jpg

And for those of you keeping score at home, here's a list of the after-market items i used:

Aires Exhaust (#4118)

AeroMaster Decals - Phancy Phantoms III (#48-503)

Eduard PE (#48118)

True Details Martin Baker Mk-7 Ejection Seats (#48405)

True Details Wheel Set (#48051)

And a few other photos:

F4J08.jpg

F4J09.jpg

F4J03.jpg

F4J06.jpg

Thanks guys. Considering all the mistakes and cover ups, i'm surprised that it all came together in the end.

I'm excited to jump into the 1:48 Academy F14A for the Group Build. I'm banking on it not taking 14 months to complete :wave:

Can you tell me what you do as far as your photo set up?  Camera, lighting, etc.

I use a digital SLR (Nikon D100) and bounce the flash off of the ceiling (so that the flash doesn't wash out the details). The kit is on top of white poster board on the dining room table with three windows supplying lots of daylight (to help balance the flash).

The only changes to the original digital file are color balancing and tone correction.

Aaaaaahhhh. . . . after 14 months since beginning this kit, i have finally finished.

Thanks for stickin it out til the end. It was worth it. If it takes you 14 months to do the Tomcat, then so be it, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait...

:cheers:

I like the subtle weathering, and the clean cockpit glass. Did you Future it?

Another Q: what lens do you use with your D100?

To everyone that's responded, THANK YOU!! It's very humbling :rolleyes:

Pierre, no i didn't Future the canopy. I meant to but had painted it before thinking about it so i ended up using Bare Metal's Plastic Polish on the inside and outside and i was pretty impressed with the results.

As for camera lenses, i used two: Nikon 18-70mm 3.5-4.5 and a Nikon 105mm 2.8 (I have a photography business on the side, my "working retirement" plan, just don't tell my boss at my full-time job ;) )

Thanks Jeff.

Truth be told, i originally wanted to do Jolly Rogers or (gasp) Showtime 100 but could not locate the decals at any online or brick/mortar locations. I happened upon the BeDevilers and fell in love with the look and am very happy it worked out this way.

And dude. . . . your photos ROCK!!! I'm so jealous of your access to the aircraft you've photographed. I can only stand behind the roped areas at museums or behind the flight line at airshows but you've apparently got "all-access". Very nice photos!! You should print up a calendar, i'd definately have it hanging next to the workbench. :thumbsup: