1/48 F-16 (Hasegawa)

After a break of some time (my last project being the 1/32 Hasegawa F-16C), here are some tentative steps with the Hasegawa 1/48 kit. Despite having got a 'big mouth' version, this one will actually be a NSI with P&W engine - probably either a Ohio Block 42 or a SC ANG Block 52. Hence the different exhausts being prepared (a -220 and a -229).

As for the other end, this is my attempt at making a seamless intake using the kit's NSI intake (anyone else notice the engraving is less precise on the small-mouth intake?). Although, you won't be able to look up and see the fan at the front of the engine, as the platicard is bent upwards to stop you trying to!!

Naj,

That P&W nozzle looks absolutely fantastic! One of the most realistic looking burner cans I've seen yet in 1/48th scale. The Aries wheel well is a work of art as well. I look forward to seeing rest of the plane. Should be a winner judging by what you've done so far. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Albert

Edited by Alby Moore
Naj,

That P&W nozzle looks absolutely fantastic! One of the most realistic looking burner cans I've seen yet in 1/48th scale. The Aries wheel well is a work of art as well. I look forward to seeing rest of the plane. Should be a winner judging by what you've done so far. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Albert

I second that! Which paint did you use NAJ?

As for the other end, this is my attempt at making a seamless intake using the kit's NSI intake (anyone else notice the engraving is less precise on the small-mouth intake?). Although, you won't be able to look up and see the fan at the front of the engine, as the platicard is bent upwards to stop you trying to!!

NAJ, you did your seamless intake by the mean of platicard?! :thumbsup: wow... care to share more about the work?

cheers,

Looking really good!!

On a sidenote, if you go the OHANG block 42 route, they're currently upgrading to the -229 engine, so either nozzle is correct. If you need pictures of either unit, let me know. I've got most of the SCANG jets and all of the OH ANG jets.

Jake

As for the other end, this is my attempt at making a seamless intake using the kit's NSI intake (anyone else notice the engraving is less precise on the small-mouth intake?).  Although, you won't be able to look up and see the fan at the front of the engine, as the platicard is bent upwards to stop you trying to!!

NAJ, you did your seamless intake by the mean of platicard?! :cheers: wow... care to share more about the work?

cheers,

Yes, share this procedure with us!!!!!

:D Which of the two nozzles is the -220 one and which is the -229 one? Where did you get the -229 one from?

I take it that the -220 one is the Hasegawa kit one or is it aftermarket?

Sorry for the questions, but here in Aus, F-16 data is only available via areas like this group or from VERY VERY expensive o'seas magazines. <_<

Thanks for your help. :cheers::wave:

Phil Hastie

Canberra Australia