1/144 Scale Airliner Windows

On impulse I've just bought the first airliner kit, a Revel A320 Airbus, I've built for many years. I want to do a quick and simple out-of-the-box build as a break from my current projects which are feeling a little stale.

The kit looks very straightforward, the only think I don't know how to deal with is the cabin windows: should I leave them open or glaze them with Microscale's Kristal-Kleer? Any suggestions as to what is the better option or are there any other options?

Thanks

Richard

Richard,

Its all up to you, and you're personal tastes. In my case, I'd paint the fuselage interior black and fill everyone of the with Kristal Kleer after I'd painted and decaled. Other people seem to prefer those grey decals that are supposed to resemble windows. I've never seen a grey window in my life, and I work on a fleet of 737s everyday. Filling with K.K. should only take 15 minutes if you use a toothpick.

Another point you might want to consider, and that might sway you in favor of the decals is that some companies, like Minicraft don't even mold the windows on thier kits.

Again, do whatever you want.

Richard,

I proceeded the same as you. Never built 1/144 airliners before (only bigger scales) and this peculiar point stopped me as well <_<

I carefully looked at what others did (real kits and magazines pics of built models). I came to the conclusion that in such a small scale, decals for the passengers windows (I still believe 1/144 cockpit transparencies are better than decals) are the only realistic option. You must fill the recessed windows with whatever you want (I used this method from Steve Bamford and it worked fine) and sand.

I am very satisfy with the result.

Pascal