Star Trek Enterprise

Rumors are Spike TV might pick up season five. Hope it is true. Now I know some folks don't like Enterprise (S. Marine) and that is fine. But I love it.

To each his own.

• 2 weeks later...
Rumors are Spike TV might pick up season five. Hope it is true. Now I know some folks don't like Enterprise (S. Marine) and that is fine. But I love it.

To each his own.

Lets hope it comes back, I like Enterprise better than Voyager and as well as DS9, it's just gotten to the point that it is getting really good story and actor wise ...

Gregg

• 5 weeks later...

I heard one of the actors, I think it was Patrick Stewart, say that the fans had reached saturation point with the franchise and that was the main reason for it's demise. I also think that Rick Berman has a hell of a lot to answer for! He hated Gene's view of Trek and worked against it. Deep Sleep 9 and Enterprise were just poorly done and the TNG movies were all terrible except First Contact which showed promise...

But since we never got Enterprise over here for long I don't know if it got any better. At least they learned the 7 of 9 lesson from Voyager, and applied that to Enterprise with T'Pol.

Anyway at least it was good to see Trek last as long as it did! Pitty it went out like that...

Berman had very little to do with Deep Space Nine. That was Ron Moore and Michael Piller's baby. Berman and Braga opted to concentrate on Voyager more instead and I think the results tended to speak more for themselves as to the quality of the two shows. DS9 tended to have more drama then Voyager did, although admittedly it took a couple years for DS9 to get up to speed.

As for Enterprise, they have had some good stories, but more not so good stories then good of late (although this season has indeed been very good). Biggest problem was that Berman and Bragga were running with their idea tank on E for so long that the damage was done and I don't think Enterprise can really be salvaged at this point and chances for revival are slim given that this month will be the time that the series get wrapped up filming wise. Any lengthy period past this point means chances for a revival get even slimmer as actors and crew members go off to find other jobs.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I am certain UPN doesn't give a flying leap. But if they care to know, this will be the last night I ever watch their network. To see the end of ST: Enterprise which to me has been the best Star Trek since TNG.

Oh well. Good bye UPN.