03/Feb/2005

With the ARC F-14 Group build in full swing, I decided to once again to continue this big beastie. Upon opening the box and unpacking the bits and pieces, this is what I found...

Tomcat_32_Cockpit_031.jpg

somehow the cockpit windshield has been cracked. Which means I have to wait for a few months for replacement parts.

Edited by Andy Mullen
How long have you come with this build?

Some more details maybe?

/Kristian

OK heres the history behind the build so far.

Back in January 2003, after getting the urge to build a model again after 20 years, I purchased the Tamiya 1994 Version F-14A. At about the same time I found ARC, HS and MM. After seeing a lot of the builds, I decided to purchase some "aftermarket" items to spruce of the model. Here are the photos of my first attempt at PE (Eduard).

DSCN0007.jpg

DSCN0008.jpg

I was not very happy with my effort, so I decided to buy the Teknics Cockpit.

DSCN0057.jpg

DSCN0058.jpg

DSCN0059.jpg

It took me a long time to figure out how to deal with the resin, during which time I started to build and complete easier kits. These pics were taken in June 2003 whilst test fitting.

DSCN0168.jpg

DSCN0169.jpg

DSCN0170.jpg

DSCN0171.jpg

DSCN0172.jpg

Edited by Andy Mullen

After purchasing numerous reference books and downloading loads of pics, I finally started to make some progress with the painting of the cockpit and the figures.

DSCN0205.jpg

DSCN0207.jpg

DSCN0238.jpg

These next set of shots were taken in Sept 2003, before I glued the fuselage halves together. Note I had replaced the Eduard PE Ejector Handles with Copper wire by this time.

DSCN0382.jpg

DSCN0383.jpg

DSCN0384.jpg

DSCN0385.jpg

DSCN0387.jpg

DSCN0388.jpg

DSCN0390.jpg

Edited by Andy Mullen

Continued...

DSCN0391.jpg

DSCN0393.jpg

And this last pic (Nov 2003) was taken after I had glued the fuselage together and fitted the Canopy windshield.

DSCN0575.jpg

In December of 2003 we got the bad news that were being "laid off" and would have to vacate the offices by the end of Jan 2004. So all this was packed up into the box and put to one side.

Luckily we didnt have to move out, but the kit stayed in the box.

I have been meaning to continue this kit since Summer 2004 but never got around to it, and the GB gave me the kick in the butt to open up the box last night.

Edited by Andy Mullen

WOW!

I diorama like that in 1/32 scale should be huge! I would guess that a whole table should provide maybe enough surface.....

Great Cat BTW! Please keep us updated with your progresses!

/Kristian

• 2 years later...