Well, it's 2:45am and I've finally finished my first Tomcat for this group build. It's the Academy 1/72 kit, with decals from an old Superscale sheet. The stars and bars were scavanged from an MPC F-14 kit, and the tail was painted red and the letter codes cut out since they were off register.

Loadout consists of a 2x-Phoenix-3x-Sparrow-2x-Sidewinder configuration (because it looks so cool). I'll put the 'Cat on a brighter (and cleaner) background and take more pics as soon as I can and send 'em to Steve.

Edited by Supertom

Anyway the wing modex numbers were too small and for some reason I placed them on the inner flaps. I won't be able to get around to replacing those until I get some new numbers printed out.

And why the heck are the pictures always so dark?! It's not like I model in the freakin' Batcave or something...

Very very nice, you've really done a great job with the academy kit. Any chance of some more pics, including close-ups? :thumbsup:

Erm also, just noticed, not wanting to be rude or anything but i think you might have placed the larger side probes too far up the nose, they should be round about where the yellow rescue arrow is.

Edited by Bullet101

Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

you might have placed the larger side probes too far up the nose

Oh yeah, the instructions were kinda vague on where those go, and the panel lines didn't correspond. I'll have to figure out where to reposition them later. Thanks for the pointer!