Flying Monster Tornado 46+42

Here it is - finished early this morning before zapping off to work.

The kit is Italeri. Now, I know many here are quick to rubbish Italeri, especially their 1/48 jets, but I have to say that this kit is none too bad. The paneling is recessed, the cockpit detail is fair enough and the overall shape certanly looks like aTornado to me. The only area of significant filler is the shoulder where the wing joins the fuselage, but other than that it goes together very well indeed; even the very clear canopy fits well! Considering that this kit can be picked up for under £10, I think that's pretty good value.

This model is built OOB and has been made as a tribute to the aircraft 46+42 and it's crew (it is the one that crashed on December 9th 2004). The decals and what little stencilling remains are from kit decals, while the paint scheme is hand-painted throughout.

Anyone going to the Yeovilton model show this Saturday (12th Feb) will be able to have closer look. :wave:

46421.jpg

46422.jpg

46423.jpg

Thanks for your extremely kind comments guys, they are much appreciated.

Nev - just for you here's another photo, this time from the rear of the model. It looks a little brighter since I used flash on this one.

I hand-paint all my models, even the elaborate special scheme. I was thinking; I have many many decal sheets for all sorts of special markings schemes yet the last 5 models I have built have all been hand-painted specials for which decals (apart from basic data) are not available. Oh...except that the Sakura F15J is now available.

4642rear.jpg