Hey Guys,

Here are some pics of my BB Delta pit that will eventually be Blood Hound 200 NF-14D from VX-30. I am using the 1/48 Hasegawa kit, as its the best kit out there and the only Tomcat brand I build. Its not done yet but close. Still need to paint a few things. I used the SJU-17 NACES seats from the BB F-18F as these are way more accurate then the ones that come in the BB F-14D set. I also scratch made the canopy breakers to the right height and size and shape. Also scratch made the double ejection handles between the legs with copper wire and added paper to the back side of them, as the back portion of the ejection handle is covered.

Hope you like more to come, then on to the Aires wheel wells.

Mike

Edited by Mike5401

looks great so far Mike,can't wait to start mine...but i'm holding off waiting for the sheet or some reference pics on the VF-Decals site,as i know there are afew changes needed for this jet...

BTW the cash for those decals you did me will be posted later this week,when i get my days off....

cheers,

Gary

Colin thanks! Its 1/48th. :D

Gary, thanks appreciate it, really the only changes to the pit are you need the PTIDS screen and the Lantirn Controller. I really couldn't tell ya if the jet had any other stuff done to the pit as info like that is not release to the public. But external mods are fill in the 3 gas vents so that they are smooth, and plug the gun with a redish orange cap. These are the really big differences but I will go back and check, but there will be a info on the instruction of the decals that tells you what needs to be done.

K I will let you know when it comes in. :thumbsup:

Later

Mike

Mike,quick question for you...

where any other F-14's with VX-30 other than Bloodhound200 given the Hounds tail art?

cheers,

Gary

Hey Gary,

Yeah all 4 of VX-30 jets had the Blood Hound markings. Each jet had them in different colors. They had 2 NF-14D's, 1 NF-14B, and 1 NF-14A with a Delta cockpit.

Mike

Mike,quick question for you...

where any other F-14's with VX-30 other than Bloodhound200 given the Hounds tail art?

cheers,

Gary

Hey Gary,

Yeah all 4 of VX-30 jets had the Blood Hound markings. Each jet had them in different colors. They had 2 NF-14D's, 1 NF-14B, and 1 NF-14A with a Delta cockpit.

Mike

Ok cool,you wouldn't happen to know the Buno# of the NF-14A would you?

i presume the others are:

NF-14D 163415

NF-14D 163416

NF-14B 163223

just trying to be awkward,and add another Cat to the collection...i got a pic of NF-14A 160378 in a low viz scheme,i'd like to do...

cheers,

Gary