ARC Discussion Forums

Sign in to follow this  
solher1

1/48 Sukhoi Su-35 Super Flanker Red-88

Hi guys,

Here is my 1/48 Sukhoi Su-35 Red-88 in progress. It is almost done. I still have to add some antennas, missiles, nozzels, canopy and to paint cannon area.

Su-35-6.jpg

Su-35-7.jpg

Su-35-8.jpg

Su-35-9.jpg

Su-35-10.jpg

Su-35-11.jpg

Su-35-12.jpg

Su-35-13.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Thanks.

More pictures coming.

Juan

Shows you how good panel lines can make the plane. Excellent so far. :cheers::rofl:

Shows you how good panel lines can make the plane. Excellent so far. :cheers: :)

I'm sorry - but I have to disagree with you there.

I have refrained from posting anything before - because I don't want to appear to be criticising a fellow modellers work.

Believe me, this is just a personal opinion - no disrespect intended - but I think that the first photo looks the best - before the panel detail has been added.

The paint finish is superb - and the panel lines are very well done, but, to me, the final pics make the model look too toy-like, the lines are too exagerated.

If you can show me a photo of the real thing where the panel lines are as visible as on the model, I will shut up, but if you look at a Su-27 (or any aircraft for that matter) from the same scale distance as you are looking at the model - say 20 feet away - the panel lines are just not that obvious.

I don't apply panel lines to my models - mainly because I can't do it as well as Juan, but also because of the above - they just do not look realistic.

Please accept this post in the spirit that was intended - to promote discussion about the merits - or otherwise - of panel detailing.

I think Juan has done a superb job - but it is just not for me.

Ken (who hasn't even started his Flanker yet - so who is he to talk!!!)

Overall it is superbly made!

Eric

Hi Eric!

I think I asked you before, but, didn't get a reply? Where can I get those bomb racks on the pic of the Gripen? imtelly@izoom.net Thanks much!

Telly