A320 flying for a livin'

Murph, I think I saw that face in the Post Office recently. :banana:

As Sean said - very cool. Finally, we know you really exist.... ;)

Ken,

My parents always said I would be famous. Anyway, how do you know it isn't photoshop? ;)

Regards,

Murph

Murph, I think I saw that face in the Post Office recently. ;)

As Sean said - very cool. Finally, we know you really exist.... ;)

Ken,

My parents always said I would be famous. Anyway, how do you know it isn't photoshop? ;)

Regards,

Murph

Murph, Good point...hmmm, let's see...the color of your mask and helmet are clearly way off, and not the right shape. The top of your ejection seat looks suspect too. Is that the correct blue for the squadron t-shirt? I think not....

And don't even get me started on that 747 pit..... :banana:

Regards

Ken

The airbus has a system that calls out altitude during landing. The voice it uses is really cheesy and annoying, sounding something like a harelip frenchman with potato chips in his mouth speaking english.

Anyhow, it calls out"1,000", "500" and "100" then "50" on down in ten foot increments and when it reaches about 10 it calls "retard" which means to retard the thrust levers to idle.

A few years ago Bombardier had a software "upgrade" on the CRJ that, among other things, changed the voice on the altimeter. It sounded like we had Johnny from Airplane! sitting on the jump seat counting down the altitude. I wouldn't have been surprised to hear "Oooooo, that was a faaabulousth landing!!"

Ben, wishing I was back in the air with you guys

Does it feel -I don't know-weird flying a big jet like that with a sidestick & fly-by-wire?

I would think the old style yoke would feel more "natural", but I don't know.

-Mike

Good Lord, NO!

All aircraft should have sticks, IMCO :D

Some old Farts object to the artificial feel of the fly by wire. To them I say "just hurry up and retire, and get out of my seat." :crying:

Pig

That's interesting.

I'm not a pilot so I obviously don't have the first hand knowledge you guys do, I just thought from a eye-hand coordination perspective, it would be easier to have the controls centered in front (in relation to ones eyes) rather than off to the side.

But I suppose if you learn it that way, then it becomes second nature; I know the F-16 guys have done quite well with it over the years.

Thanks for replying!

-Mike