F18 hornet 1/32

To close the post on the engine, i send you a few picts of the engine in the plane

ouvermotuy19.jpg

All open

ouvermotuy20.jpg

ready for the big overhaull....

ouvermotCOTE22.jpg

and it still closes....

trapav27.jpg

this is a pict of what was the original project :

just opening the front door.

So i spent more more time on the final project.

It was a good idea to listen at your comments and go further on detailing.

To give you an idea of the extra material, i had to add 75g on the nose

if i didn’t whant to see my bug sit on the nozlles...

Now the good part beguins, it will soon look like a plane. :worship:

:wave:

:cheers: oh my GAWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

:wave::worship:

I'm about to start colletcing beer coasters, or something and sell my stash....

That is incredible... allthough I suspect that somebody is secretly making pics of the real engine and placing them in this pic... :o

Harald

You know, you should really return that Hornet back to the Airbase you pinched it from :D

This is some of the best modelling I have seen - you should recieve a bonus from Boeing for this Richy. :(

Forget a bonus - this is the guy who should be paying for the use of intellectual property :lol:

Just kidding.

Stunning, stunning work Richy.

If I could acheive such a great metallic finish on my models it would be a start - but all that scratch building!!

Amazing.

:thumbsup:

Man, I don't know. Why do I come here and look at those photos. Depresses the hell out of me.

You are incredible. I have the same kit sitting on the shelf, and it will probably stay there. :worship:

Richy, how much research time do you put into the components of the Bug? I can`t see this being an hour or two of checking refs then hitting the workbench. Something like this seems like a full time effort/job. Also, could you give us a guesstimate on the number of parts that went into the engine? I took a look at my kit and the stock engines have nine parts each. :wave:

:worship: Don

Not bad, but the secondary compressor pressure sensor manifold should be more of a yellowish color. Plus, the rotational-alignment electronics box is too far aft.

I keed, I keed :blink: . This is shaping up to be one of the most amazing bits of modeling I've ever seen. Truly inspirational. :thumbsup:

Any chance this will show up in Atlanta in July?

:cheers: