1/48 Sukhoi Su-35 Super Flanker Red 88

Most impressive !!! :thumbsup:

It's indeed the best flanker in 48th scale I've ever seen.

Thank for sharing, Juan.

Kind of OT but has anyone ever had experience dealing with Sol Model from their website?

They have Sol's complete range:

Sol Models

The website is in Korean and rather difficult to follow as for the online ordering.

WWOoooooooOWWWIEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is a really piece of art!!

You did a GREAT job.

I love the panellines and the exhaust are brilliant.

A really awesome bird!!

One thing that's pitty about it, it's not an Ukrainian Flanker :thumbsup:

Joachim

Really Nice Job! :) Nice colors and weathering. What kind of paints did you use? I know several people with that SOL conversion and I hear its not all that easy. Ok I heard it's a *****. :D Hats off to you for completeing a difficult conversion. :woo:

Hi all,

Thank you all for your kind words. Sorry I just posted the picture without any description.

I had the conversion for about two years waiting maybe for Trumpeter or Academy to release a Su-35 or Su-37, but since it did not happen, I just decided to start the challenge. The Flanker is my favority aircraft, and the Su-35 is even nicer, so why not go give it a try. I will give you just an overall description, I'm working in a more detailed contruction review for ARC.

This is my first time using a resin conversion and I must admit that it was not easy, however, I also must say that with patience you can get it to fit just right. The conversion requires a lot of sanding, but only the fuselage, the fit of the rest of the resin parts was straight forward. Since I knew that sanding was involved, I protected all the adjacent detail to the joint with Tamiya tape and keep replacing it everytime the sanding got rid of it. When I was happy with the result, I applied the primer and check for inperfections. I found some and started the process again but mostly with Mr. Surfacer 500 or 1000. Of course some panel lines were rescribed, but not many.

Based on my experience with this conversion, I can say that you should cut away from the panel lines and then do the rest little by little until you get to the right spot. Do not believe the instructions, at least in this conversion. The instructions tell you to cut along some panel lines, but that is not always true.

After I was happy with the fitting and check for all imperfections, I just did the normal process to build a model.

For the main scheme, I used White Ensign Models Colorcoats. My first time using them and they are great and accurate to my eye. There are three colors specifically for the Flanker. The green color in front of the widescreen was applied to the Red 88, one of the three production Su-35 today. I have not seen the others though. I think the colors are very accurate.

For the decals, I used Linden Hill Flanker on Patrol I red stars and numbers , and Linden Hill Flanker stencils, they are a lot by the way.

In one of the topic before, I explain how I highlight the panel lines.

For the ordnance, I used some of the Academy missiles (4 R-73s), two SOL missiles (2 R-77) and Kazan missiles (2 Kh-31 and 2 Kh-29)

Thank you all again.

Juan Solorzano

Great job Juan! ;)

That came out looking beautiful.

What's next? a 1/32 one? :worship:

:worship:

Hi Zactoman,

I'm not really into 1/32 scale, but my girlfriend gave me the Trumpeter 1/32 Flanker for Christmas, so it's the only one I have and will definitely build it soon; moreover, the Flanker is my favorite aircraft. Just remember that you have me in your list for the cockpit detail set.

Let me know when you are ready to ship.

Juan Solorzano