How difficult do you all think it would be to do a 1/48 (or 1/72) Hase Tomcat in an in-flight configuration???

Just kind of wondering. I've seen some of the photoshop tinkering that goes on here with people and models they've built in the in-flight configuration, and I have to say it looks pretty damn awesome.

build the kit with the wings deployed (or modify them to sit at maximum flight sweep, or some variation thereof), cut the stems off the gear doors and close up the wells with them. Make sure both nozzles are open or closed accordingly. (closed for cruise speeds, open for full afteburner)

well this is my F14D in flight lol. Its actually an academy kit with seats and engine nozzles stolen from a revell D kit and gun nozzles modified to D standard.Also i know there are the two antennae or whatever missing from the spine, rivet counters they simply werent in place yet when i took the pic. The hardest thing to do on any F14 kit is to have the gear doors closed due to the fact that their are multiple doors that usually have to be sanded filed down etc before they will fit then you can somehow manage to drop them so they fall inside :) . anyway just to show you how cool a tomcat model looks in flight!! note that the nozzles are full open and therefore plane would be on full afterburner (and most likely travelling supersonic) as stated above :blink:

Edited by F14SRCOOL