What did you get at the Hobby Shop today?

Went to Kitchener to meet Phantom and picked up a Tamiya 1/48 Sea-harrier and a Revell Truck kit (I know) also did a trade with the big guy for a Hobby-boss F-18C and Has. F-18 Egg-plane.

Don

I went to the Tamiya Plamodel Factory Outlet in Shimbashi (Tokyo) the other day. I got a three 1/48 kits: an Me-262, a P-47D Razorback and the Mosquito FB IV. The discussion elsewhere about the Mk. VI was killing me so I opted for the Mk. IV. The cost of these kits were 1/3 to 1/2 of what I'd pay in Canada. I could have bought four in Tokyo for the same amount that I'd pay for three in Ottawa. I was kind of hoping they had a few of the Lancaster BI/III kits for sale but no joy. Many of the 1/32 big jets were about 1/2 of what I'd pay back home. That was the consistent theme with everything in the store regarding prices here versus prices in Canada.

The one thing that really surprised me about this location is that it's off the beaten track. I thought that Tamiya would have wanted this store on a busier, higher profile, easier to find, main street.

I could have really gone to town but I had no way of getting a big kit, or any more3 smaller ones, home. :bandhead2:

RoG 1:72 Bf109G-10 and Lavochkin La5FN, some liquid poly, fine sandpaper and a roll of masking tape.

Do you have 1/48 Zvezda La-5FN? If not, get it NOW! :)

I have it, and it looks great...

[giddy]

1ea. Eagle Strike EP72088 - MiG-17 Fresco decals

1ea. SuperScale 722-881 F/A-18F VFA-143 & VF-2 decals

1ea. Hasegawa 00233 F-20 Tigershark

1ea. Revell 04352 Saab J-35J Draken

[/giddy]

Three sets of 1/144 airliner decals: Garuda Indonesia DC-9-30, Hawaiian B717-200 and Finnair MD-80.

Aloha David! Quick question... Who makes a B717-200, is there a good kit out there? BTW, did you see the latest entry into the inter-Island race? Mokulele Airlines, think they're flying an Embraer of some kind. Sorta looks like a A319 :bandhead2:

TIA & Mahalo!

Mark

Aloha David! Quick question... Who makes a B717-200, is there a good kit out there? BTW, did you see the latest entry into the inter-Island race? Mokulele Airlines, think they're flying an Embraer of some kind. Sorta looks like a A319 :lol:

Mark, the B717 kit came from Contrails. (they used to be called In Formation) It's all resin, but the price is good and though it's going to need some cleanup it appears to be a great kit. Here's a direct link to Contrails and the B717 is near the bottom of the page:

http://www.drawdecal.com/informat/inforhome.htm

The decals come from Draw Decals, who host Contrails on their site:

dc9_6_hal%20copy.jpg

The Mokulele Airlines thing is interesting too as they were flying some Cessna Caravans as an express service for go!Airlines, though go! is basically just an express carrier in their own right, and they were doing some cargo work for Aloha until Aloha ceased operations. Now Republic Airlines is flying the ERJ-170's for Mokulele Airlines. It must be a confusing place to work. :D Great looking scheme though:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Mokulele-Ai...70SE/1424317/L/

Edited by David Walker
  • 2 weeks later...

i got a Mirage 2000C 1/48 from italeri which ill try make the greek version :D and i have just started it :mellow:

a hasegawa F-15E 1/48 which will come next

humbrol presicion glue , mr surfacer 1000 and a couple of model master enamel colours