What did you get at the Hobby Shop today?

Go big or go home eh? :cheers:

Amen to that Phantom. And to that point, today I got my 1:32 Trumpeter A-7!

WB

You know it! And after I went big.......I drove another 2 hours and visited Sabre and A-4. Then another 3 hours. Had a nap. And drove another 14 hours to go home.

Edited by phantom

Cheryl gave me an early B/Day gift of the monetary variety tonight, so after some careful deliberation (about 90 seconds worth), we headed to Micheal's and I put that cash along with a bit of my own and a 40% off coupon towards a brand spanking new airbrush. I decided on the Badger Crescendo 175-7 set (lots of extras in the box) :cheers: Now I will have to wait til Wednesday(my next day off) before I can fire up that baby.

Thank You Cheryl!

do vendor tables at a contest count as a hobby shop? :lol:

The Valkryie, 1 of the Tamiya M1A2 weren't purchased at ModelFiesta, but everything else in his pile was. The Academy M1A1 is only for parts since the kit in a whole is crap. The Verlinden box is a 120mm OIF 101st Airborne troop, my first figure :cheers:

19487.jpg

An eclectic assortment: A 1/72 Academy P-38 & a 1/48 Eduard WWI some-thing-or-another for our contest raffle, some Solvaset, Medium Gray paint, and the old 1/32 CAM F-14A Black Aces decals.

All for under $30.00

Edited by Spaced Marine

Got a 1/48 Mitsubishi F-2A (this F-16 japanese derivative) from HAsegawa, mainly for the 600 gal. wing tanks and the parachute housing on the tail for 24$. So i got the plastic tanks instead of resin ones at a much lower price, plus a nice japanense model to build!!!:D

Went to a store in St. Johns (Actually Torbay) last week, and got the Tamiya X-1 in 1/72.

Just waiting to go back to London and my favourite store there to pick up my brand new Trump Chinook, Dragon M-1 and perhaps a Tamiya F-16. Have the Academy one, but may be moving so perhaps another one for the stash??

Anyways, looking forward to doing some building and painting again (on my 120 mm Dubya fighterpilot).

Got a 1/48 Mitsubishi F-2A (this F-16 japanese derivative) from HAsegawa, mainly for the 600 gal. wing tanks and the parachute housing on the tail for 24$. So i got the plastic tanks instead of resin ones at a much lower price, plus a nice japanense model to build!!!:rolleyes:

Are you going to use the rest of the kit? :whistle:

Hase 48th F-8 "Lst of the Gunfighters" issue.

Aires 48th resin cockpit for Tam P-51B/C

AeroMaster 48th 48-718 F-100 Pt 2.

Super Scale 48th 48-946 AV-8B night Attack VMA-513 & VMAT-203

Book: Naval fighters #19 F-8 Crusader

Many thanks to Bill & Brittany at Homewood Hobbies in Birmingham!

Good to go,

Jim

Driving out of Pensacola the other day, and my WIFE!!!! :lol: says....."There is a hobby store!!!"

I didnt get any shirts or anything at Disney world (too expensive) or Pensacola (well one shirt there). I go in and come out quick.

She is surprised. I tell her "too much stuff and the prices are pretty good so I have to get out". She actually tells me to get something!!!!!!(This is a first to put it mildly).

Yoink!!! One Hasegawa 1/48 F-18F.

Go big or go home eh? :banana:

sounds like mrs madmike!!

Gotta love them :lol:

:lol:

MikeJ

sounds like mrs madmike!!

Gotta love them :wub:

:cheers:

MikeJ

Thats the first and ONLY!!!! time that ever happened. I think she felt bad that she and the girls got stuff at Disney world and I didnt. To be honest I just dont feel like spending $52 US for a shirt with a mouse on it.

Elmo!!! Homewood!!!!! yep that brings back some memories (No not as a patient) Bringing in the crazy inmates that were just a little to crazy even for us. Restraining crazy buggers in the hall, that were not even MY inmates.

Getting pee'd on. :cheers:

Ahhhhh.....good times. :D

I want to get that leading edge sheet, I have ordered it a couple times from my local store, and both times they send him the origanal Lanc WITHOUT the leading edge decals. Im feeling bad for Ed. I keep saying try again , now he has 3 Lancs on the shelf that are not selling........Anyone NOt using the leading edge stuff? Let me know what you want for it. And I'll go buy one of the ones Ed tried to get for me.