What did you get at the Hobby Shop today?

The only time I get any remotely positive attention from women it involves my credit card and $3.99 a minute.

Hey Karl: You charge THAT much? When I tried running one of those lines nobody would call me. Maybe I shouldn't have put my face in the advertisement! What are you saying to them that keeps them calling??? :thumbsup: (Oops, I just realized your post said "my credit card" not "credit cards," memory is fading in old age...)

Most recent purchases: Trump 1:72 Blackjack, Academy 1:32 F-16, Hase 1:48 F-18c, and a couple other kits that I can't remember...

WB

What are you saying to them that keeps them calling???

WB

"No, those pants sure don't make your rear end look big at all."

In seriousness, I made a trek to High Sierra in Reno over the weekend to get more Microset as well as Alcad primer and aluminum. It's been pointed out that the Hasegawa Viggen I'm working on depicts a preproduction airframe and as such would not have seen the green splintery camo I had intended. So, I'm going to have to finnay bow to the inevitable and attempt a metal finish. Hey, it's my first crack at any kind of real scratchbuilding (making up for the kit's lack of a tailpipe), might as well be my first crack at a metal finish!

It was also my first foray to High Sierra Model Shop. It's an hour away, and believe it or not I rarely go to Reno merely for the sake of going to Reno. It's usually going to or from the airport or some such thing - or bypassing Reno altogether to ski at South Lake Tahoe. But this weekend I needed to visit the HD dealership for some bike goodies too, so I made an expedition of it.

Nice store - a bit of everything (aircraft, cars, armor, RC planes and RC cars, and model railroading) but a diversified enough staff that it seems whatever your interest you can get help - and more than a healthy selection for each genre. Not too far south from downtown Reno - near both the Atlantis and the airport if anyone's passing through.

New Revell Canadair Sabre 6 (F-86F-40). Three decal options - two German for which you have to cut the -40 wingtips off and replace with resin ones provided, and a USAF -40.

Seems to be the Hasegawa kit for not much more than half the price. :unsure:

Edited by MikeC

Didn't go the hobby shop, but picked up some stuff at Biggin.

Italeri's new 72nd Hudson

Hasegawa 32nd Stuka (with the white metal Rudel figure w/dog).

Airfix Bloodhound, Scammel transporter and Pontoon bridge.

Amt 1/25th Wilys jeep.

• 2 weeks later...

For Father's Day, my wife (who never makes me feel guilty for "stocking up") and I took a trip to the hobby store...came back with:

Hasegawa 1/48 Arado AR 234B (a find at $29).

An old Monogram RB-66 (1/83 scale?). Funky old kit!

Some paint and other supplies.

;)

I came this close to getting a VF-103 last flight Tomcat in 1/48, (they had a 1/72 too.) Luckily logic came to my brain pan,I all ready have a big enough stash.All I left with was some paint and the latest combat aircraft magizine.

This looks like a real nice issue. (Flanker on cover)

Also not quite the hobby store, but I traded Tony a VF-213 1/48 Tomcat and came away with a Grand Phoenix F-3. Thanks Tony!

I came this close to getting a VF-103 last flight Tomcat in 1/48,

Wow, good thing I didnt get that model yesterday, it was a respectable price and all......but.......

I stopped in at Air support, someone had just RETURNED :blink: a Hasegawa 1/48 Jolly Rogers tomcat!!!!!!

What up with THAT!!!!! :worship:

Ed swung me a deal I couldnt refuse, YOINK! I bought it and its now on the stash pile.

(BTW the one I didnt buy is still at Modellers choice in Hamilton, not a bad price at all).

What's a hobby shop? :blink: Been so busy, I haven't been able to go near one for nearly three weeks now. But I am searching for a Hasegawa F-104 for a tenant of mine. :( He says let me know if I see one or hear of one for offer. :blink:

Tamiya's 1:32 Thunderbirds F-16!!! :thumbsup:

Revell 1:72 Mig 21 (markings for half the countries on the planet...)

Italeri 1:72 UH-34J helo (have Canadian decals kicking around somewhere for this)

AFV Club Mk-5 something or other tank. Comes in Australian colours, but I can make CDN decals for it.

A huge haul - and when I got home I actually spent time working on three kits!!!

WB

Edit: Apparently I can't spell "country"....

Edited by Wild Bill

First visit to the new Hannants store today - bought...

Patragon, Jaguar after burners, Tornado bulged wheels and after burners & C130 bulged wheels.

Nice to se Hasegawa's TF 104G...for another day maybe.