What did you get at the Hobby Shop today?

Had originaly intended to make a Birmingham run to take mother out to lunch & then swing by Homewood Hobbies to grab a couple of bottles of MM "Radome Tan" enamel, which is the next step on the Intruder that is on the bench right now.

Mission got scrubbed yesterday afternoon.....so the title of this post should be "What DIDN'T you get at the hobby shop"! :(

Guess I'll come up with a Plan B......:thumbsup:

Happy modeling,

Jim

Had originaly intended to make a Birmingham run to take mother out to lunch & then swing by Homewood Hobbies to grab a couple of bottles of MM "Radome Tan" enamel, which is the next step on the Intruder that is on the bench right now.

Mission got scrubbed yesterday afternoon.....so the title of this post should be "What DIDN'T you get at the hobby shop"! ;)

Went to sheldons today and i grabbed 4 bottles of radome tan today, 2 packs of tamiya tape and some other stuff.

Came inches away from buying yet another C-130. Till I remembered....."What the crap do I need another freking HUGE C-130 for".

Even in 1/72 I can't justify the shelf space without trashing 2 or 3 other models for room.

Need to win the lottery and buy a bigger house. :thumbsup:

Does yesterday count? A Revell 1/72nd B-17F (which is apparently a dog) and a Tamiya 1/48th Me109E trop (which isn't). Interestingly enough, this kit came with a decal set including swastikas.

I also bought a 1/48th Hasegawa Me109K off the buy and sell section of ARC yesterday, and from the same guy last week, I bought a 1/48th Flashback Mig 3 and a 1/48th Gavia Bristol Scout. Hoping they don't disappear in the post! :)

On a bit of a reckless stash increase at the moment.

Does this happen to everyone? :blink:

Edited by dylan the rabbit

Well, today, one more time, I have been a sinner in the temple of sin, I swear it ,I was just passing by, but the demons inside that cavern, take me in by force and once more, make me wallow between those evil boxes and books...later when I was coming home , the most hard chalenge was waiting for me like so many times before, get inside whit the evidence of my crime, and make that my girlfriend (the modern version of the spanish inquisitionin this cases) not see the bag in my hand, if she discover me, the torture will begins : " You have money for that things, but for all the others things like a new car or for a trip to see my mother...) ... well, the decoy trick (a little gift for her) worked perfectly again, and soon the smuggling was safe in my bunker...I am sinner , I admit it :wave:

The Evidence!!! :

PIC_0117.jpg

I was sooooo proud of myself. I put down a 1/144 Fokker that was on sale and said, "no, you have enough". Unfortunately, I set it down (in another part of the same store) next to this:

RVG4477.jpg

For 5 Euro, I couldn't pass it up. :thumbsup:

I actually went in to the department store, no lie, to get a gift for my daughter (I turned the aisle and went from Barbies to models - it's not my fault!)

Went to Toronto with the club crew, but there was pretty slim pickings at most of the shops. That was a real shock to us.

1:24 Trumpeter Spitfire Vb Trop $80.00 CDN

1:48 Eduard Nuieport 17

1:20 Tamiya Newman Hass Lola Indy car.

some generic decals for code letters, and an SBD detail and scale book

Ron