What did you get at the Hobby Shop today?

• 3 weeks later...

From Burnaby hobbies- 1/32 Leading Edge CAF CF-18 Standard Markings - beautiful sheet!

In the mail..1/72 Aires Tornado wheel wells

Martin still carrying some good stuff? Haven't been down there in a while. But I should check for the 48 Hase Raptor.

Martin still carrying some good stuff? Haven't been down there in a while. But I should check for the 48 Hase Raptor.

Compared to the shops in Kelowna I'm used to I think it's pretty good stuff. Lots of decal selection. I saw the Hase Raptor last time I was there a few months ago, but I think it's marked pretty expensive..

Got fairly lucky at a sale at a local shop. I spent about $40 on a 1/72 Hasegawa Sea Harrier, a 1/72 Hasegawa AV-8B+ Harrier, and a 1/48 MISB Testors F-19. The shop had a whole bunch of 1/72 Hasegawa jets there for $15-$18 each.

• 2 months later...

Well, wasn't at a hobby shop, but at the vendor room at the Vancouver IPMS show today... my first visit to an IPMS show! It was grand. And wow at the vendor room, there were a lot of good deals to be had...

I staggered away with:

1/48 Fujimi A-4E (to become RNZAF)

1/72:

bagged EE Lightning (I assume Matchbox based on it being moulded in 3 colours - no box or instructions)

Airfix TBM-3 Avenger (bagged only but with instructions. At $2 I won't hesitate to bash this into a -3W)

Airfix Fairey Firefly Mk. V (How hard to get an FR.1 out of this?)

Matchbox Noorduyn Norseman

Pioneer2 Beech C-45

HobbyBoss F-86F

Matchbox F-101

Hobbycraft CF-100

Hobbycraft CF-105

1/600 Airfix HMS Ajax

And a couple of books - Canadian Military Aircraft Finish and Markings 1968-2004 and Royal Canadian Air Force Aircraft Finish and Markings 1947-1968. And a couple old issues of Roundel.

So a pretty good bag, I think! :D

Sorry if I sound like I'm bragging, I'm just really rather excited about this and have to share. :) 'Twas a great day. :)

Not exclusively today, as I don't tend to make en masse additions to my collection. However, the tally since July:

From the annual Modelbrno show in July:

Italeri reissue of Supermodel 1/72 Macchi 326

AZ Model 1/72 Let L-200 Morava

Pavla 1/72 resin cockpits for Macchi 326 and two seat Typhoon

August:

Italeri 1/72 air weapons set

September:

Sharkit resin 1/72 Edgely Optica

October:

Airfix 1/72 Cessna O-1 Bird Dog

Revell reissue of Heller 1/72 DH Vampire

Tamiya saw blade set

Edited by Kevan Vogler

Not exclusively today, as I don't tend to make en masse additions to my collection. However, the tally since July:

From the annual Modelbrno show in July:

Italeri reissue of Supermodel 1/72 Macchi 326

AZ Model 1/72 Let L-200 Morava

Pavla 1/72 resin cockpits for Macchi 326 and two seat Typhoon

August:

Italeri 1/72 air weapons set

September:

Sharkit resin 1/72 Edgely Optica

October:

Airfix 1/72 Cessna O-1 Bird Dog

Revell reissue of Heller 1/72 DH Vampire

Tamiya saw blade set

Kevan

Great buys !!!

I look forward to your DH Vampire et al WIP...

Edited by HOLMES

Thanks, Holmes.

I don't do too many WIP type threads and my building speed can be, charitably, described as "Glacial". :lol:

I have modest starts on the Vampire and Macchi, but some other projects that I'd really like to get at least one complete before getting a serious start on another. Both the Vampire and Macchi will be "What if" builds; I havea "What if MiG-15 in the finishing stages now, so hopefully I can get more seriously into the Vampire or Macchi soon.

The Cessna and Optica are rather more long term projects as I'm gathering research material to make the Cessna into a 180 or 185 (bought it mostly for the wings) and trying to get enough pics of the prototype Optica together to figure out how many detail parts I'll need to scratchbuild for the kit. Sharkit gives the basic shapes, but is a bit short on finer details. Detail photos of the prototype Optica are rather thin on the ground too.

The Tamiya saws were bought specifically to cut away the pour stubs on the Optica, some are in very awkward spots and don't leave much space to get a saw in to start cutting them away.

Thanks, Holmes.

I don't do too many WIP type threads and my building speed can be, charitably, described as "Glacial". :lol:

I have modest starts on the Vampire and Macchi, but some other projects that I'd really like to get at least one complete before getting a serious start on another. Both the Vampire and Macchi will be "What if" builds; I havea "What if MiG-15 in the finishing stages now, so hopefully I can get more seriously into the Vampire or Macchi soon.

The Cessna and Optica are rather more long term projects as I'm gathering research material to make the Cessna into a 180 or 185 (bought it mostly for the wings) and trying to get enough pics of the prototype Optica together to figure out how many detail parts I'll need to scratchbuild for the kit. Sharkit gives the basic shapes, but is a bit short on finer details. Detail photos of the prototype Optica are rather thin on the ground too.

The Tamiya saws were bought specifically to cut away the pour stubs on the Optica, some are in very awkward spots and don't leave much space to get a saw in to start cutting them away.

....That is fine Kevan But you MUST post the completed work in the display cabinets.. :salute:

• 2 weeks later...

I just came home from my monthly trip to my favorite LHS which is stuffed with model kits.

I picked up an Academy B-17G to do for the group build, a A-7B by Hobby Boss, an Airfix Sea Harrier FRS1, and an Italeri C-119C all in 1/72 scale.

I am so excited to build the C-119 Flying Boxcar. This is a huge aircraft with the double boom used as a transporter. The kit comes with decals for 3 aircraft but I see Leading Edge carries decals for a Canadian version. I'll have to finish my other Group Builds before I get into this one, but I cannot wait.

Found this hiding at the LHS. It appears to be an old(er) kit, and was previously opened, but for $10 I couldn't pass it up.

Hasegawa 1/200 Kawasaki C-1

VQZaAl.jpg

Also got some Gunze paints for the 1/24 Mini Cooper my wife wants me to build for her. The kit should arrive sometime tomorrow.

In retrospect, I'm a retard for not thoroughly inspecting the C-1 kit--one of the sprues is missing.

Edited by Jinro

I was at the Euro Scale Modelling 2011 today.

I bought:

Kinetic 1/48 EA-6B Prowler

Revell 1/48 F/A-18E Super Hornet with a Eduard cockpit set

Academy 1/48 F-15E Strike Eagle OIF

Hasegawa 1/48 F/A-18A Hornet

Dragon 1/144 Air Refueling KA-6D & F-14A (cute little planes :wub: )

Fightertown Decals 1/48 VFA-103 Jolly Rogers Summer 2008

Osprey - Corsair Aces of World War 2

Osprey - B-2A Spirit units in combat

Osprey - F-15C Eagle units in combat

Osprey Air Combat - Grumman F-14 Tomcat

Squadron-Signal - USN Aircraft carrier air units Volume 1,2 and 3

Squadron-Signal - A-4 Skyhawk

Squadron-Signal - Skyraider

Squadron-Signal - F-8 Crusader

Squadron-Signal - SBD Dauntless

Squadron-Signal - SB2C Helldiver

Everything together ~200€(270$)! :doh:

Edited by Ventris

Just got back from picking up some tools and supplies. I bought a drill set for an F-5E project I'm about to start (I'm going to drill out all the gauges and back it with some sheet styrene to give the instruments a proper 3D look), as well as music wire for some interior details and a new type of masking tape I'm going to try out on tough-to-mask curves. Not an exciting purchase, but hopefully a useful one.

I really considered picking up another Academy F-16, but I have enough Vipers at the moment. I still have a stack of Hasegawas waiting for their turn.