What did you get at the Hobby Shop today?

I had a very good day yesterday. I went in to pick up my prepaid preordered Ginter book on the RA-5C Vigilante and they also got some new kits in that I couldn't leave without.

For starters, I purchased the Trumpeter "Chinese New Fighter" (J-10 I believe) and followed it up with the Revell Challenger CL604. Then before heading out the door, I spied the new Hobbycraft Snowbirds Tutor. I'm happy, but my pocketbook isn't. :P

Hobbycraft 48th scale Tutor!!!!! Phantom....which edition of Combat Aircraft did you get???? Last one I got was with the QF-4's on the cover....that was a few weeks ago.

It has a Skyhawk from Brazil on the cover. It just arrived.

Today I got some black decal sheets to make lines for the walkways on my big herc. :P

I got

1/72 Hasegawa FB-111A $18 (Gonna convert to a preproduction F-111B)

1/72 Hasegawa F-111C $18 (Going to Australia and hoping to get some decals for it Down Under)

and I might go back and get a 1/72Fujimi A-6E intruder for $18

Guest backfire

A spray can of Tamiya surface primer, some Tamiya and Testors paint, and the latest issue of Combat Aircraft magazine (with the article on the Kyiv Aviation Museum). :lol:

1/32 Hasagawa F-5E Tiger II Swiss

1/48 Hasagawa F-16A Tigermeet 2003

1/48 Academy F-111C Austrailia

1/72 Italeri C-130H

1/48 KMC P-47D Razorback conversion

1/48 BB F-4D cockpit set

about 12 1oz Testors paints, glue, decal paper, misc supplies

All for $65 USD (original price $220). Hobby shop closing and everything in store is 70% off!!!!!

Well worth the trip, now time to Ebay most of it.

David

A spray can of Tamiya surface primer, some Tamiya and Testors paint, and the latest issue of Combat Aircraft magazine (with the article on the Kyiv Aviation Museum). :thumbsup:

Great, but now you have to run back B) to get this months "Airforces Monthly"

There is a big article about the Ukrainian AF and its politics!

:bobby:

Guest backfire
A spray can of Tamiya surface primer, some Tamiya and Testors paint, and the latest issue of Combat Aircraft magazine (with the article on the Kyiv Aviation Museum).  :thumbsup:

Great, but now you have to run back :lol: to get this months "Airforces Monthly"

There is a big article about the Ukrainian AF and its politics!

:cheers:

Picked up that one yesterday! :P

:cheers:

Revell F-16b (1/72)

Italeri F-5a (1/72)

And the thing is, I just wanted to buy 2 jars of paint, but I couldn't find them. And you can't leave without buying something, that wouldn't be polite to the shopowner :thumbsup:

I didnt buy anything but.........

I dropped off my 1/48 scale C-130 Herc at air support hobbies. Its so big I had to leave one of the wings off to fit in the case. <_<

Its below a truely amazing 1/32 A-10 that someone else did that puts everything I have ever built to shame. :(

Mind you its still the only silver and white Canadian herc I have yet to see built. Wont ever win any competitions thats for sure. but its still kind of cool.

And most important it would never have been done without Emil's help on finding the right size roundels and numbers. thanks again Elmo!! :cheers::bobby:

Took the day off "sick" today (terminal AMS), and ran a bunch of errands.

1) Goodbye snow tires! :D

2) Car wash, vaccum - shortly followed by seagull "bomb" on drive home ;)

3) Head to bank to deposit a couple of MO's from recent sales.

4) And finally, as a payday treat to myself:

1:32 Trumpeter F4F-4 Wildcat

Razor saw set

Guest backfire

Four bottles of Tamiya acrylic paint, a Squadron fine sanding stick, and twenty minutes of bliss perusing the kits on the shelves while my wife shopped for baby clothes elsewhere in the mall. :)