What did you get at the Hobby Shop today?

:crying2: trying to stop buying kits for awhile and finish off the ones i already have, because my wife is complaining of the 30 kits i have :crying:

Only 30?! Tell her she's darned lucky not to be married to me. I have just counted 107 unbuilt kits in my den and I must have at least another 60 upstairs.

Edited by GPaulC

Another excellent shopping day today.

Aca 1/32 F-18

Mon 1/48 Prowler

Rev 1/32 Bell Huey Heli

Rev 1/32 OH-6

Specialty Press US Naval Aviation and USAF Aviation Logbooks

CE 1/48 EA-6B Prowler #2 VAQ 141-VAQ132 Decals

Super Scale Intl 1/48 DS Prowler Decals

Has 1/48 F-14B Tomcat

And they say theres a recession...

Edited by Pickles

Took the $100 in gift certificates I had lying around and bought a bottle of Alclad II Pale Gold and the 'new' Italeri 1/32 scale Sword. Looks ok. Time will tell when I try to put it together.

This is my first post and I thought this is a great place to start. I am very excited with my purchase today of a Hasagawa A4M Skyhawk and a Revell Germany A-7E Corsair.

I am really looking forward to getting both of these on the bench. Thanks in advance to everyone who contributes with photos, tips and tricks, and many other helpful resources to the aircraft modeller. I have always enjoyed this site!

From Hobby and Toy Central in Kitchener, Ont.

Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1D and 8th. AF P-51D $31.99 each

From the secret spot

Tony H - Revell EA-6B and A-6E

Has. F-16CJ X 2

Tamiya F-16CJ

plus BB cockpits for all

Elmo - Has. 1/72 F-18A and B

Decals

1/32 BB F-18D Late cockpit

and a POS revell F-18 in 1/48 which looks like the old AMT kit, thank god it was free.

Don

Hey, I think I might know where that POS Revel F-18 came from........... You did get the Phantom sheet I sent you right?

At Aviation world, where I sadly all by my lonesome without the rest of the Canadian model mafia (Mid western Ontario chapter) picked up a Two Bobs Starfighter sheet for another ARCer out in the deepest darkest west of Canada.

From the Dong, a Tamiya 1/32 F-4J, a Monogram F-4C/D and some nice extras. Then I went to Air support in Kitchener and the 1/350 scale NCC-1701 Enterprise (suitable for next months Enterprise group build) was waiting for me. Once I got home I got out the forklift, got everything out of the car and in the stash before SWMBO'd got home.

Life is good.

Well, another LHS is closing, so I stopped by and grabbed a BUNCH of little things. 50% off is mighty tempting, even when you really dont NEED what you get. But, I digress. Big Ed for the 35th AH-1W, 1/48th Hase AH-64D, some resin stuff like some Verlinden .50cals and a minigun set, more than a dozen PS and MM paints. Oh and the Tuefel Tiltrotors sheet (though I don't have the kit lol, I will get it soon enough).

Good day indeed. Hate to see the shops closing though.

I went with my wife to a shop that sells knitting stuff in Duluth. I went to the back, and they are loaded with Revell/Monogram models!

I checked out their painting section, and found a perfect brush for detail painting

It is thick at the top like a pencil, tapers down to detail brush size, making it easy to control, and it has a short set of bristles and is 30/0 for detail painting.

I have been looking for a brush like that my entire modeling life!

Well with going to CapCon 2009 in Ottawa Ontario and visiting a hobby shop just down the road from the sportsplex it was held in I picked up a few kits today.

Hasegawa 1/24th Jeep ,Willys MB

Dragon 1/35th Elefant with zimmerit

Tamiya 1/35th JS-2

Tamiya 1/35th T-34/76 1943

And after looking for years the Airfix 1/32nd "Monty's Humber" Staff car,I last build this kit I think in the 1970s and for $5 I could not pass it up.

Also bought a book on the Tiger tank.

So can you tell I am a Treadhead :thumbsup:

Regards

Mark