What did you get at the Hobby Shop today?

• 4 weeks later...

Picked up at Heritagecon today

1/32 Dragon P-51D

1/32 Has. P-47D

1/32 Black Box F-5E Cockpit

1/32 Has. A-4E/F

Plus a Kinetic E-2C in a trade with one of the Hobby shops there vending.

Also made $400 selling stuff.

Don

Lets see,

All 1/48 of course.....

Has F-18C

Has F-18B

Has F-4E

Has F-14A

Has F-14A (sold this one)

Has A-4E

HC Otter, yes another gawd awful Otter

And a donor 1/72 C-130 which I'll use to make my J into a Canadian stretch.

A donor CC-137 which I will use (one day) to turn the extra C-130 parts into a bizzare "what if".

• 1 month later...

A 1/72 Heller DC-6B (like I need another! I already have 3!! :whistle:), 1/72 RoG Dornier Do 228-212, 3 bottles of MM Chevrolet Engine Red and 4 bottles of MM International Orange.

If you count what came in the mail I also received 3 1/72 RoG bizjet kits! The Learjet 35A, Cessna 500 Citation I and Dassault Falcon 10.

I always miss this thread......anyhow, for the month of March

Riverside hobbies in Sacramento:

Monogram 1/72 737 Mint in box! under $20

DML 1/72 F-23

Various old modeling mags

Hobbytown USA:

Polar LIghts 1/1000 refit

Monogram 1/48 PBY

Trumpeter F-100D for about $30 (marked $53 I believe, had coupon for $20 off any item over $50)

Revell Frankenstein

This afternoon in the excellent model shop in Frome, Somerset I bought a 1/72 Academy F-15C and a 1/72 Revell Tornado IDS (Boelcke 50th anniversary). You know it's been so busy this evening that I haven't even opened them to have a look yet! I shall remedy that..now.......................

From the back of Dongs van,

1/48 Has all...couple F-18 and a F-4J!!!!

Yeah!!!!!!!!

Oh yes, and many hostages being held for Elmo, those are (for now) still in the trunk of my car.

• 3 weeks later...

The first model I have bought since Air Support hobbies closed. A 1/32 Kinetic F-86 which I will build as a Canadian Mk6. At one of the Toronto stores.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, I got very lucky today! I am busy getting back into modelling again, and i've been spending like a drunken sailor on things like an airbrush, compressor, brushes, glues, putty, decal solution, etc, etc, etc, and I didn't think I would be able to buy a couple of kits to put in my stash for a while.

Anyway, the long story is I was looking around my LHS and started chatting with the owner who's an avid model railroader. He was showing me his layout and he mentioned that he was taking strain buying HO scale figures to populate the layout because they were so expensive. I remembered that I still had about 150 unpainted figures and about 100 painted figures left over from my HO model railroading days, so I offered them to him as a donation to his layout, for which he was really grateful, and he promised me great discounts in future. Score one!

Then I told him I still have some unused rolling stock and a couple of kits, couplers, etc lying in an old box in the cupboard and he told me to bring them in and see if they were worth reselling through him. So, off I went to the LHS again with my box of HO goodies under my arm, and he was really happy with what I had and made me an offer I couldn't refuse in the form of shop credit. Score two! :coolio:

Now the good part! He had JUST received a really big shipmentt of kits, and I walked out with the following kits for the cost of the contents of an old box in my cupboard that i'll never use again. Score three! -

Academy 1/72 B-17F Memphis Belle

Academy 1/48 F-14A Bombcat

Academy 1/48 P-38J Lightening

Academy 1/48 Spitfire Mk XIVc

Academy 1/48 Messerschmit Bf109D

Academy 1/72 F-15C Eagle for my son, who just can't let me start building kits again without getting him involved! :coolio:

I'm not usually a particularly lucky person, so i'm really happy with the break I got getting back into modelling!

Wayne

• 2 weeks later...