What did you get at the Hobby Shop today?

As for me in the same deal. 1/32 Tamiya Tomcat, 1/32 Academy Hornet and a future draft choice.

Also from another ARCer a F-22. Still have no idea why I wanted a F-22.

Oh, at a real hobby store 4 new releases by Leading Edge. Hey Don.......... I have a scheme now for that F-18 I traded ya!

1/72 Has. F-14A "Sundowners" from imperial hobbies today.

Wanna go back for another kit tommorow.

Also picked up 2x Academy 1/72 Crusaders in my mail today

And a 1/48 Kinetic F-16D Brakeet from Burnaby Hobbies last week.

Edited by dkobayashi
  • 3 weeks later...

And I got "stickers" from Tiger Hobbies for my Coastal Command Moskito FB. Mk. VI for 404 Squadron RCAF.

Now I'm just looking for an Ultracast Mustang Mk. 1 conversion and some RAF/RCAF WW2 roundels for my AM Mustang.

Cheers

H.

Picked up a couple nuggets!

At a local Hobby Lobby, got the Acad 1/48 MH-53 for $35!

Then at a somewhat distant hobby shop (45 miles or so), I picked up a couple 1/72 kits: 1/72 Hase Mc.202 Folgore, 1/72 Hase Harrier Gr5 and a 1/72 Eduard profipak Stormovik (all for under $50 before taxes). The Eduard kit was 1/2 of the total there.

Took the opportunity to drive to Montreal this morning to meet a fellow ARCer who was there on business. Nice to catch up on things in person instead of on the boards. We traveled to Udisco and I picked up a 1/48 Hasegawa F-104J. As was pointed out, and I thank those who provided the feedback, that Canadian CF-104s resembled the J model more then the G model as I previously thought. The temptation to go absolutely stupid was there but we both showed great restraint. My friend had afternoon meetings so I took the opportunity to visit a store in Old Montreal to pick up something for the missus and then had a nice, leisurely drive home with a stop at Smoke Meat Pete on L'Ile-Perrot. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm...smoked meat........ :woo: It was even mild enough to drive the 1.5 hrs home with the top down on the Mustang...even though I was wearing a fleece sweater.

Being able to see my friend, go to a hobby shop, have a smoked meat sandwich and a nice highway cruise with the top down. There was only one thing missing and seeing as this is a family-type board, I'll let everyone fill in the blank. ;) What a great day. :jaw-dropping:

Not today, but on the weekend, I treated myself to a new airbrush. A Badger 100SG to be precise, and a 10ft braided hose. Not the best airbrush in the world, but I can't justify an H&S right now. When you factor in my employee discount at the hobby shop, $95 taxes in is a pretty good deal for the pair, and I can put my 200 to rest for a while.

:thumbsup:

Hi All,

Shop down here is doing a 50% of all inventory... (oh crap... :bandhead2: )..

Anywhoo, I bought a Trumpeter 32nd scal A-10 2 seater, Spitfire Mk. IX (Italeri 48th scale) and Hobbyboss J-5 (seems to be the same as a Mig 17) and decals for the Mig 17 "white 55" US AirForce Have Drill...

Guess I'll be back there next week...

Harald

I picked up a Revell F-18E 1:48, Revell F-18F 1:48, RoG Typhoon 1:48, Tamiya A-10 1:48, and some sheet plastic and supplies. Got home after a enjoyable time in the hobby shop to find I forgot the paint I made the trip for in the first place.

• 1 month later...

I got a vintage 1967 Revell SR-71 Kit Complete with the decals instructions and the Stamps and catalog.

Less than 10$ and a kit that is part of my memory.

First SR-71 kit I ever built.

Not the most accurate one ever, but hey I got it for nostalgia not accuracy

William G

• 4 weeks later...

Went into my former employer for a Friday night build session they host every week. While there, I picked up 3 bottles of MM enamel for me, and 4 bottles of Testors Metalizer for some big ugly bald guy who builds a lot of models here.

Earlier in the day, I received the email that the 1/32 RoG Arado 196 is arriving in the shop next week, and the retail price is gonna be $39. So I put in my order, as I expect the kit will sell out quickly, then have the price boosted to $50 for the next wave.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Bought correct nose and cans for a SU-27UB and a Rosie the Riveter and placed an order for SU-27A same as the Su-27UB. Both birds are 1:48 one Academy and the other from China.

Tonal