27/02/2005

Whilst constructing the basics, I thought why not do at least one Tomcat in a cat launch postion (see above profile). So I have used the pilots from one of my Fujimi kits, and will be using the kit's seats, instead of replacing them with the True Details seats. I am also trying out using coloured plastic toothpicks as a replacement for the kits clear plastic ones.

HS_F14A_011_001.jpg

HS_F14A_011_002.jpg

Edited by Andy Mullen

06/03/2005

As I have been busy with work this last week, I have not been able to get a lot done. Also I am following Brian Plescia's Construction Notes. Highly recommended.

Nearly ready for painting. Just got to mask the metal areas, canopy, and figure out how Im going to tackle this paint scheme. I am going to try pre-shading (again) as my attempts at weathering a dirty Cat still dont seem right to my eyes. We shall see.

HS_F14A_011_005.jpg

HS_F14A_011_006.jpg

HS_F14A_011_007.jpg

HS_F14A_011_008.jpg

This is what I have just finished this afternoon. Masked the inside of the windshield, cut out the required area, then masked the outside. Sprayed multiple coats of thinned Tamiya Clear Green until I was happy. Just let them dry for an hour or so then start masking and fix to the Cat.

HS_F14A_011_004.jpg

Edited by Andy Mullen
Coming along nicely, i really like how your windscreens came out, wish Tamiya would come out with a clear paint that came out like from the bottle so us brush painters could handle it okay.

Great work. :worship:

Andy - looks awesome!

Bullet,

Being a brush-painter myself, I've got to agree with you. But, just out of curiosity, couldn't you thin the Clear green and brush it on?

08/03/2005

Thanks for the words of encouragement Guys

Well take a good look at my workbench guys - Thats the cleanest you will see it for a long while. Ive spent most of today and tonight cleaning it up. We have clients visiting on Thursday (just who do these poeple think they are :worship: ). So it was suggested I tidy up a bit around the office. :angry:

HS_F14A_011_009.jpg

HS_F14A_011_010.jpg

All I have managed to do so far is preshade her ready for the base colours. Wouldnt you know it I forgot to do the Horizontal Stabs. :thumbsup: I will just have to do them tomorrow night.

HS_F14A_011_011.jpg

Well Im off home now to rest and recuperate, after my gruelling cleanup :wacko:

Edited by Andy Mullen

13/03/2005

Didnt take long for my bench to turn back to chaos ;)

HS_F14A_011_015.jpg

Heres the latest on my build.

Humbrol Flat White and Humbrol Insignia Red sprayed (I still dont like red. :wave: ). Nearly all masked and ready for the FS16440.

HS_F14A_011_012.jpg

I tried to brighten up the Pilot and Rio ;)

HS_F14A_011_013.jpg

HS_F14A_011_014.jpg

Preshading didnt work out due to my screw-up with mixing of the white and thinners, so it will all be down to the wash again.

Edited by Andy Mullen

15/03/2005

Masking was finally finished last night...

HS_F14A_011_016.jpg

and then the Lt Gull Gray (Humbrol 129) was sprayed, and left to dry overnight. A quick masking of the nose at lunch time and I sprayed the Radome Tam (Humbrol 148).

I removed all the masking expect for the exhausts, I just need to spray the Anti glare black in front of the windshield, a few touch ups, and she'll be ready for Future and then decalling.

HS_F14A_011_017.jpg

HS_F14A_011_018.jpg

Edited by Andy Mullen

WOW :) :D :D

Great work on that one!! DO you happen to have the same scheme in 1/48? I am looking for someone with spare decals for this scheme that they would be willing to part with.

Keep up the goooooooood work. Can not wait to see it finished :)

Cheers :)

Jarda

WOW :) :D :D

Great work on that one!! DO you happen to have the same scheme in 1/48? I am looking for someone with spare decals for this scheme that they would be willing to part with.

Keep up the goooooooood work. Can not wait to see it finished :)

Cheers :)

Jarda

Jarda Thanks.

At the moment I only have a few 1/48 decal sets of the JRs and Reapers (but no kits - yet B). I am concentrating on building at least one aircraft in 1/72 from each VF squadron.

Hannants have this same scheme from CAM >> Click Here <<

damm you're a real factory.... :) endless production lines. i wonder.. where do you display all of them?

At the moment in this case but with the other 30 odd to go I may have to either get some more shelves or another case.

Completed_2005_03_14_001.jpg

Edited by Andy Mullen
damm you're a real factory.... :lol: endless production lines. i wonder.. where do you display all of them?

LOL, Andy, true, true! :thumbsup::cheers::wave:

One man´s a modelling club ;)

That´s really a HIGH OUTPUT!

István

20/03/2005

All decalling finished, another Future coat added, then a Burnt Sienna Oil wash applied. Doesnt look too bad, but it has yellowed the white slightly. Just have to let the oil wash cure for a couple of days, then add all the fiddly bits and it should be finished.

HS_F14A_011_020.jpg

HS_F14A_011_021.jpg

This is my 8th Hasegawa Tomcat and I still havent managed to sucessfully eliminate the body/fuselage seam :thumbsup:

HS_F14A_011_022.jpg

Edited by Andy Mullen