Great collections everyone!! I only have the Academy 1:48 kit but i'm working on increasing that number.

Andy, are all of those Tomcats 1:72 scale? It's a very impressive display in any scale :cheers:

Iron Eagle, :D Great post, i sat there for a couple minutes thinking the image hadn't loaded yet until i scrolled a bit lower......nice.

Looking good guys :cheers:

Andy, are all of those Tomcats 1:72 scale?  It's a very impressive display in any scale  :wacko:

Yes they are all 1/72. I want to build at least one from each squadron, but I am lacking decals for the following at the moment. Some like the VF191 and VF194 should be easy enough to do by hand.

VF51

VF191

VF194

VF201

VF202

VF211

VF301

VF302

My collection so far.

Hey Andy, which kit is that Sundowner? Where did you say you live again? :lol:

BTW great collection everyone!

Here is mine:

Exactly. <_<

The VF111 was an Altantic Fleet Squadron with CAM #72059 decals and True Details seats. Im in the UK ;)

Edited by Andy Mullen

Okay, here's my 1/72 collection so far. I have 20 of 32 squadrons done (or nearly done). The others will get done over time. The final picture is how they are displayed in my dingy, messy basement. Note the spider webs hanging from the ceiling. I actually didn't even notice them until I took the picture!

tom1.jpg

tom2.jpg

tom3.jpg

tom4.jpg

tom5.jpg

tom6.jpg

tom7.jpg

does this count? :thumbsup:  unfortunately i build really slow!

DSCF0027.jpg

:wacko:

B)

jeff

hey,

i can see two of my Tomcats here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

enjoy the build

George Matos

Greece

Yeah I can see two of mine too!!!

(F-14B LANTIRN & F-14A Plus SP2)

Okay, here's my 1/72 collection so far. I have 20 of 32 squadrons done (or nearly done). The others will get done over time. The final picture is how they are displayed in my dingy, messy basement. Note the spider webs hanging from the ceiling. I actually didn't even notice them until I took the picture!

tom7.jpg

Darren, that is AWESOME!!!! I love how you've got a space reserved for each F-14 Squadron with the patch.

I'm just wondering, Darren, if you have any extra patches that I couuld buy off of you, so that I can do a 1/48 scale version of them. I'm planning on doing a wall of 1/48 scale 'cats in my new residence. Or where I could find some? My VF-41 patch, that I bought a long time ago is now residing on my CWU-45 cold weather heavy flight nylon jacket as is my Top Gun patch. :worship:

BTW, your F-14 VF-41 Tail has now found a nice little space on my wall. Unfortunately, due to the move scheduled, it's going to end up having to be repacked again. :thumbsup:

Edited by The_Animal
  • 2 months later...

i have my three completed cats hung up looking like they are flying CAP together even though one is F14D vf-124, another vf-31 F14A and the other is F14D from vf-31 (tomcatter 105)! Once i get my hase F14D done tho in tomcatter 100 i'll put it alongside 105!

my fav photo of tomcatter 105 is this one taken from the few that i used to submit with my article for this GB.

04.jpg

Edited by F14SRCOOL
An update -

All cats built for the GB

F14GB_008.jpg

and my full collection so far

F14GB_009.jpg

Holy crap Andy! Grumman ain't got NOTHING on you!! Good thing the number of raffle-eligible entries is limited to four, or you'd probably get the lion's share of the prizes. I think I speak for everyone here when I say that I wish I had your ability to crank these bad boys out like this. What's your secret, man??? :thumbsup::worship: :huh: