the FOD cover is part of a latex glove, cut to size and painted red then glued on with super glue.  I added "VF-41" to both covers for effct.

BRILLIANT!! :cheers:

Question: I notice most people keep the wings off the main body until near the end. I'm building my very first F-14 (1:48 Academy), will i have a problem snapping the wings into place and having them function if i also wait to "snap" them into place at the end of the build?

I kept the wings off until the end. It makes painting and weathering easier. You should be able to just slide them into place when you need to without much trouble. Actually, check that. I'm not sure about the Academy kit. I've never built it before. You can can leave them off until the end with the Hasegawa kit at least.

Edited by ravensfan6711

DR. P,

VF-41s Tomcats dropped LGBs in Allied Force and Operation Enduring Freedom. Check out the book "Black Aces High". I forget who the author is, but its a facinating look at the Aces and their operations over the former Yugoslavia. Highly recomended!

I kept the wings off until the end.  It makes painting and weathering easier.  You should be able to just slide them into place when you need to without much trouble.  Actually, check that.  I'm not sure about the Academy kit.  I've never built it before.  You can can leave them off until the end with the Hasegawa kit at least.

Thanks, i'll definately make some test runs while the kit is taped together. I hope it works that way, it will make painting that much easier.

the FOD cover is part of a latex glove, cut to size and painted red then glued on with super glue.  I added "VF-41" to both covers for effct.

BRILLIANT!! :thumbsup:

Question: I notice most people keep the wings off the main body until near the end. I'm building my very first F-14 (1:48 Academy), will i have a problem snapping the wings into place and having them function if i also wait to "snap" them into place at the end of the build?

I just chopped off the gears and made a cut-out to the pivot hole in my Academy Tomcat. Easy to do. Then they can slide right on or off any time.

BRILLIANT!! :cheers:

I just chopped off the gears and made a cut-out to the pivot hole in my Academy Tomcat. Easy to do. Then they can slide right on or off any time.

same here. just saw a channel, do some test fitting with the fuselages taped together. should be not much of a problem :wave: