Well she is done and the display base finished, I hope to present it to the 75th soon will post photos when I do thanks to all who gave information to me so I could make this as accurate as possible and also thanks to all who shared there building tips THe figures were fun to do I made a safety belt for the crew chief with Bare metal foil painted Daygol Red and check out the nose gear door thanks Erick

To answer some of your questions, yes the gear is aircraft grey which is glossy. Looking at the real thing here they are pretty glossy I was surprised as well so I left it without flat coating. The map I got out of a computer flying magazine and just cut it and folded it like we do here. It actually is a shot of some of the computer terrain that you can buy for FLight sims. The decals for the seat came from the spares box and the ACES logo with the red stripe is painted on. The tail rotors that you see in the background are of the Marine CH-53's. I used the walk around book for this model and saw that one of the A-10's had the American Flag on the nose gear door so I put that on this one and it turned out pretty good. My freehand leaves something to be desired :angry: But again thank you guys for all of the help answering questions that I had and giving me tips on things for this kit I would hope to meet some of you in the future and thank you personally. Erick

To answer some of your questions, yes the gear is aircraft grey which is glossy. Looking at the real thing here they are pretty glossy I was surprised as well so I left it without flat coating. The map I got out of a computer flying magazine and just cut it and folded it like we do here. It actually is a shot of some of the computer terrain that you can buy for FLight sims. The decals for the seat came from the spares box and the ACES logo with the red stripe is painted on. The tail rotors that you see in the background are of the Marine CH-53's. I used the walk around book for this model and saw that one of the A-10's had the American Flag on the nose gear door so I put that on this one and it turned out pretty good. My freehand leaves something to be desired :wave: But again thank you guys for all of the help answering questions that I had and giving me tips on things for this kit I would hope to meet some of you in the future and thank you personally. Erick

Thanks for the rap on the model, Erick. My bad on the tail rotors. I should have paid closer attention to the fact that they are a.) mounted on the port side and b.) not canted. And I call myself a helo enthusiast.....shame on me. :angry:

Cheers,

Albert

Beautiful job Erick! Amazing to see what kind of quality you can put out, considering the circumstances you're building in. I couldn't come close to that in the peace and quiet of my own home. :angry:

Beautiful job Erick :angry: !

Just incredible when you consider the conditions you're building under, I know, I built out of a shoebox for years while going to college and in the Navy.

Respect for a job well done..... :wave:

Chris B)

Thanks for the rap on the model, Erick. My bad on the tail rotors. I should have paid closer attention to the fact that they are a.) mounted on the port side and b.) not canted. And I call myself a helo enthusiast.....shame on me.

Yes for that when and if we ever meet the first round is on you to pay for your sins :wave: B) :angry: and you will have to listen to Rush haha Erick

Erick,

How do you do it...

Out in the boonies, with little creature comforts. and you turn out THAT!!!!!!!!!!...

Me, at home, everything I need (or at least no more than 20 miles away) and I still suck at model building....

Amazing.....truly amazing work my friend..... :angry:

Harald

:wave:

love the banana

Yes for that when and if we ever meet the first round is on you to pay for your sins :wave: B) :angry: and you will have to listen to Rush haha Erick

Listen to Rush? Hell that's not punishment (I think La Villa Strangiato is one of the best instrumentals ever recorded!)...

Proud owner of several Rush albums,

Here's a couple of pictures from the gear of my former A-10. Mine was painted FS16473 (ADC Gray), but some are white. Gloss was the basic finish, but as you can see, weathering takes its toll on some areas more than others. Very nice job on your Hog Eric :lol: