Two Iranian Tomcats -finished

Oh, thank you for kind words :wave:

It took me about 15 months to finish these two beasts, so such a feedback is definitely nice to hear.

So If you are interested, here is few more pics... as soon as I finish articles for both Tomcats, I will send them to Steve (with more pics).

As this is critique corner...

tell me what you think of the desert camo Tomcat's weathering ... I tried chalk pastels (lighthening of inside of panels, plus making the even shade of individual camo colours 'broken' , but I am not 100% satisfied with the result ...perhaps I should have used chalk pastels only for exhausts, and settle with pre-shading and oil wash in panel lines...)

Some advice for some of my naxt 'heavy weathering' project?

Jan,

Very nicely done especially the cockpit detail and the weathering. One piece of advice; the radomes on the AIM-7 and AIM-54 are a very light gray/off-white, not light tan. Once again a beautiful job.

Regards,

Murph

One more think for those interested in IRIAF Tomcats...

I did design decals for these cats myself, and two weeks ago I was approached by guys from HQ Decals (they specialize on Middle Eastern air forces) whether I want to cooperate with them on IRIAF Tomcat sheet... ...so why not, I said.

So by now I passed to them the artwork for decal sheet.

This one will include following options:

1) IRIAF bird '3-6073' old camo... (2+ A-A kills, used for testing in "Sky-Hawk" project)

2) IRIAF bird '3-6020' new style camo blue-gray ... (6+ A-A victories incl MiG-23 and MiG-25)

3) IRIAF '3-6022' in "experimental camo" of blue and sand , 5+ A-A victories over MiGs in Iran-Iraq war

4) IIAF '3-6024' involved in high altitude pursuit of Soviet MiG-25RBS over Caspian sea in Oct 1978... later during Iran-Iraq war this machine is reportedly credited with 6+ A-A kills

5) IRIAF '3-6056' with "hybrid marking" (IRIAF inscription, old-style flag)

6) Iranian Tomcat in delivery marking .... plane in IIAF camo with U.S. insignia and "original" factory number (white 'H79') (later served as 3-6079, and this machine is reportedly credited wit 5 A-A kills from Iran-Iraq war)

7) one of "Iranian agressor" U.S. tomcat

Plus as a bonus: Extra serial Nos, BuerNos., that will enable modeller to make ANY IIAF/IRIAF, old or new camo F-14

We are currently working on 3 view full colour profiles for the instruction sheet by one of great aviation artist... (check out his other works on www.janmace.com)

...release date ...April/May

I hope this decal sheet will be extremely cool (and my first to be released :thumbsup: )

...So, Diego, we are the competitors now? :beer4: (I am sure the Hi-Decal IRIAF sheet will be extra cool too :wave: )

Edited by Jan
One more think for those interested in IRIAF Tomcats...

I did design decals for these cats myself, and two weeks ago I was approached by guys from HQ Decals (they specialize on Middle Eastern air forces) whether I want to cooperate with them on IRIAF Tomcat sheet... ...so why not, I said.

So by now I passed to them the artwork for decal sheet.

This one will include following options:

1) IRIAF bird '3-6073' old camo... (2+ A-A kills, used for testing in "Sky-Hawk" project)

2) IRIAF bird '3-6020' new style camo blue-gray ... (6+ A-A victories incl MiG-23 and MiG-25)

3) IRIAF '3-6022' in "experimental camo" of blue and sand , 5+ A-A victories over MiGs in Iran-Iraq war

4) IIAF '3-6024' involved in high altitude pursuit of Soviet MiG-25RBS over Caspian sea in Oct 1978... later during Iran-Iraq war this machine is reportedly credited with 6+ A-A kills

5) IRIAF '3-6056' with "hybrid marking" (IRIAF inscription, old-style flag)

6) Iranian Tomcat in delivery marking .... plane in IIAF camo with U.S. insignia and "original" factory number (white 'H79') (later served as 3-6079, and this machine is reportedly credited wit 5 A-A kills from Iran-Iraq war)

7) one of "Iranian agressor" U.S. tomcat

Plus as a bonus: Extra serial Nos, BuerNos., that will enable modeller to make ANY IIAF/IRIAF, old or new camo F-14

We are currently working on 3 view full colour profiles for the instruction sheet by one of great aviation artist... (check out his other works on www.janmace.com)

...release date ...April/May

cant wait!!!! hurry up!!!! we have waited long enought!

:D :( :wave::wave:

Great tomcats! :crying::crying: :D

Outstanding work, hope mine turn out half as good!

Will these decals be 1/72 :cheers: or 1/48 :rofl:

Please let them be 1/72

Great models, what colours did you use for the new scheme?

Cheers,

Roy

Will these decals be 1/72  or 1/48 

both scales

what colours did you use for the new scheme?

I can not remember right now, but they were from Humbrol line... I just picked coulours that looked OK in my eyes (there is no 'accurate' shade of both grey and blue for IRIAF tomcats, because the shade of colour looks very different in different sun conditions...)

:blink: :wacko:

• 4 months later...

Hi folks, I just took new series of pics (for my article in one of Czech modelling magazines)...

so, I could not resist to post few more pics of my cats here...

these are those that have not made it to the "top ten" pics I selected for the magazine :D )

I hope you will not get extremely bored seeing more pics of the same models... :thumbsup: