Two Iranian Tomcats -finished

Karl , IJ. , phantom, CanadaMoe, Diamond9, Damian, spitfirelad, Stephen

thanks for the nice comments, It really makes me happy to hear such a kind words :lol:

Re colours:

New camo cat: grey: Hu127, blue-grey: 0,5*Hu89+0,4*Hu127+0,1*Hu25

Desert camo cat: Green: Hu116; brown: Hu113; sand: 0.5*Hu103+0.5*Hu;grey: Hu28

I will soon start the the Iranian F-4E project ...I just finished the decal artwork for F-4E that was used by Iranian legendary ace, capt. Abbas Dowran for his last mission against Baghdad in 1982 during which he was killed...

...this 'unknown' Iranian AF really got me... :cheers:

Hi folks, I just took new series of pics (for my article in one of Czech modelling magazines)...

so, I could not resist to post few more pics of my cats here...

these are those that have not made it to the "top ten" pics I selected for the magazine :D )

I hope you will not get extremely bored seeing more pics of the same models... :wave:

Hi Jan,

Once again, great photos of two phantastic models :cheers: ;) :cheers:

Good to hear you are doing an IRIAF F-4E !!! :lol:

I will send you soon the photos of the "041" together with the decal sheet soon, when ready !

Cheers

Diego

Hi Diego...nice to hear from you...!

Yes, I am looking forward to pics of 041 very much!

Btw... I discovered something veeery interesting re Iran-Iraq war... I have a picture of Iraqui Mirage F-1 with kill symbols of 14 downed Iranian airplanes on the nose (true or not, kill markings are there) :D ...I guess I am first in the world who has something like this, and such thing was not documented on any other Iraqui airplane!!! ...I am still trying to find more references on this specific plane...

...but 1/48 Dowran's F-4E will go paralelly with Mirage F-1 project(it has iranian roundels on it too :lol: )

Hi Diego...nice to hear from you...!

Yes, I am looking forward to pics of 041 very much!

Btw... I discovered something veeery interesting re Iran-Iraq war... I have a picture of Iraqui Mirage F-1 with kill symbols of 14 downed Iranian airplanes on the nose (true or not, kill markings are there) :o ...I guess I am first in the world who has something like this, and such thing was not documented on any other Iraqui airplane!!! ...I am still trying to find more references on this specific plane...

...but 1/48 Dowran's F-4E will go paralelly with Mirage F-1 project(it has iranian roundels on it too :woo: )

Jan,

Once again, you found a really interesting stuff !!! :D

I have seen a photo of an Iraqi MiG-21bis carrying a lone IRIAF roundel (kill marking) on the fuselage so it seems that these were indeed victory markings applied on IrAF aircraft...

I am also working on a sheet including a.o. an IRIAF RF-4E with black belly and another recce bird with IIAF markings.

Also the IRG Su-25 is slowly progressing... :lol:

Cheers

diego

Verrry good, Diego!!!

BTW...may I have pic of that Iraqi MiG-21 you mention? ...you have my e-mail :bandhead2:

Hi Jan,

Sorry, I don't have this photo- It was published (in monochrome) in a book about F-117 operations during "Desert Storm" ( don't remember the exact name - sorry!).

However, you will find a very good profile of this bird in the acig site ( Iraqi AF story).

Cheers

Diego