With regard to the Tomcat on the flatbed and the one being crunched by the grabber - those Tomcats were high-hour machines that were retired to AMARC just after Desert Storm. Ahhhh - about 14 years ago. That's a REAL long time for AMARC unless it's a celebrity row aircraft, or is earmarked for the Air Force Museum (I still don't get it's new name), or the Pensacola Air Museum.

I've pulled parts off of several F-14s (the company paid for them), and brought them back to work for either electronic displays, or to redesign upgraded components. The area were the older cannibalized airframes is located is littered with parts and oxidizing airframes. Since AMARC is going through an influx of aircraft again, space has to be made for the new arrivals. Out with the old and in with the "new".

I was recently reunited with three T-37s I flew at UPT, just in from Vance. Lots of cool memories, but the change is inevitable. Even life is only a one-way street!

Brian - PM inbound . .

ATB - Rip -

(Jeff - thanks for the warm - fuzzy!!)

Edited by RipVW
  • 2 years later...
They didn't have to show VF-103 shots!!! All of those jets should be kept in a hangar with lock and key....BREAK GLASS INCASE IRAN WANTS TO BREAK BAD!!!

No thanks. We have far more capable aircraft that would deal with the only exported Tomcats. And they'll do it without breaking a sweat.

No thanks. We have far more capable aircraft that would deal with the only exported Tomcats. And they'll do it without breaking a sweat.

Really? What would those be? Do you have a pic of such aircraft? :)

Bring back the Tomcats!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

(Now In Witness Protection Program) :santa: