Really? What would those be? Do you have a pic of such aircraft? :whistle:

Bring back the Tomcats!!!!!!!!!!! :worship:

(Now In Witness Protection Program) :santa:

web_070218-N-8446A-005.jpg

Gregg

What a/c would that be? :santa::whistle:

The USN's brand-new, super hi-tech Mazda Miata, which will lay waste to those broken-down, obsolete Iranian 1970s Plymouth Roadrunners... :worship:

Daniel

The USN's brand-new, super hi-tech Mazda Miata, which will lay waste to those broken-down, obsolete Iranian 1970s Plymouth Roadrunners... :nanner:

Daniel

What would you know about a 70s muscle car when you're not even a year old Daniel ? :rofl:

Actually, the designer of the 71 Plymouth Roadrunner used the profile of the F-4J Phantom II as the inspiration for the look of the car ... I read that in a MOPAR history book ... :coolio:

Gregg

• 5 months later...

:whistle: I just wish it would not be referred to as the boneyard, I prefer to think of it as a stasis chamber

My blood is USAF blue, I love the Eagle, Viper, and Raptor with all my heart, but there is much to be said about long distance calling, in other words the combo of Tomcat, its radar, and Phoenix. Ahhh to paint at 200 miles shoot down and 100+ just gives that feeling of once you get past the first volley, send whats left and we'll mop up with sparrows and winders and gun if necessary. However, looking at your radar screen and seeing nada, using the Mk 1 eyeball and seeing nada and suddenly having you RWR go nuts just before you aircraft goes to pieces is not my idea of having a good day either.

I've never knowen what the white paint(?) on all the planes at AMARC was for (like the one below). Can anyboy shed some light?

WARNING ;)

DISCLAMER: Warning. The image above contains grahpic images that may be offensive to some Tomcat fans. Proceed with caution. :thumbsup:

Edited by blackhawk7