ARC Discussion Forums

Sign in to follow this  
g0_command0

Tomcats at AMARC

They must have to find someone without a heart to that job! :rolleyes:

Mike

Bet they let old hornet guys do the chopping up, so they can finally get one over the cat!

WHY DID U HAVE TO POST THAT PICTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOu've opened the gates of hell!!!!!!

if u look at the tomcat pic, THERES ALSO A DEAD HORNET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yee haw!!!!!!!!!

I added some information on F-14B's 163217 and 161435 to that site.

Intresting photos.

Speaking of AMARC, does anyone here on the boards have access to the ramp or the facilities there?

If so, please contact me off board.

Thanks-

Brian Marbrey

For the Tomcat fan, ANY AMARC picture is painful to view! Here's hoping we'll all be around when it's the Hornet's turn...

M'Dog

With regard to the Tomcat on the flatbed and the one being crunched by the grabber - those Tomcats were high-hour machines that were retired to AMARC just after Desert Storm. Ahhhh - about 14 years ago. That's a REAL long time for AMARC unless it's a celebrity row aircraft, or is earmarked for the Air Force Museum (I still don't get it's new name), or the Pensacola Air Museum.

I've pulled parts off of several F-14s (the company paid for them), and brought them back to work for either electronic displays, or to redesign upgraded components. The area were the older cannibalized airframes is located is littered with parts and oxidizing airframes. Since AMARC is going through an influx of aircraft again, space has to be made for the new arrivals. Out with the old and in with the "new".

I was recently reunited with three T-37s I flew at UPT, just in from Vance. Lots of cool memories, but the change is inevitable. Even life is only a one-way street!

Brian - PM inbound . .

ATB - Rip -

(Jeff - thanks for the warm - fuzzy!!)

Edited by RipVW

NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :crying: *sob* WHY!!?! WHY GOD WHY!?!?!?!

i told the driver to drop it off at my house and he said no :crying: lol

WHY DID U HAVE TO POST THAT PICTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOu've opened the gates of hell!!!!!!

Can I be the gatekeeper? :lol:

Cheers

They didn't have to show VF-103 shots!!! All of those jets should be kept in a hangar with lock and key....BREAK GLASS INCASE IRAN WANTS TO BREAK BAD!!!

No thanks. We have far more capable aircraft that would deal with the only exported Tomcats. And they'll do it without breaking a sweat.

No thanks. We have far more capable aircraft that would deal with the only exported Tomcats. And they'll do it without breaking a sweat.

What a/c would that be? :P :rofl:

What a/c would that be? :lol: :nanner:

Ummm - That'd be the "Mighty Tweet" thank you very much!!! :beer4:

Vomit-1.jpg

Really? What would those be? Do you have a pic of such aircraft? :)

Bring back the Tomcats!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

(Now In Witness Protection Program) :santa:

Sign in to follow this