EPISODE III new trailer

:lol: :worship: Is there like.... a Star Wars playboy issue I missed out on or something??? LOL, where are you guys finding all these Carrie Fisher publicity shots? (and why, in my SW geekdom, have I never seen them previously??)

Here you go dude... knock yourself out!

DA PICS!

many did't like Hayden Christensen for the preformance he did in Attack of the clones, most people I know said he was to serius and almost "mental" and evil. Well he is supposed to be evil, that's the whole point.

Not to distract us from the gratuitous Leia cheesecake (is there something wrong with me that I thought she was more attractive in almost every other costume EXCEPT the stupid gold underwear?), but...

Remember that Anakin is supposedly a good guy who gets seduced by the Dark Side. But so far I've seen nothing that would indicate he was ever a particularly good guy. He seemed to go straight from whiny adolescent to Emperor's evil lackey.

The only thing that marks him as a "good guy" is that he doesn't have the British accent and sinister appearance required for Star Wars villains. But that hardly seems fair criteria for judgment. (Maybe The Force is sort of Calvinist, and Anakin was "good" in some transcendent way that has nothing to do with what he's actually like in life.)

Speaking of the trailer: I was horrified to see a vehicle with WHEELS. I thought that one of the rules of the Star Wars universe was NO WHEELS EVER. Granted that the vehicle in question looks like one of the original prototype sketches for the AT-AT walkers, but that doesn't make it right.

The only thing that marks him as a "good guy" is that he doesn't have the British accent and sinister appearance required for Star Wars villains.

What about the accents of those great Jedi masters Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Certainly both British Isles... :thumbsup:

The only thing that marks him as a "good guy" is that he doesn't have the British accent and sinister appearance required for Star Wars villains.

What about the accents of those great Jedi masters Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Certainly both British Isles... :thumbsup:

Logical fallacy (though I forget the name for it). All bad guys have English accents, but not all those with English accents are bad guys. Thus Obi-Wan and C-3P0 can have English accents without being bad guys, but General Viers, being a bad guy, must have an English accent.

Of course this only applies to characters whose first language is English. Bad-guy characers whose first language is alien-speak will naturally have an accent appropriate to their native tongue (or whatever organ is used to generate speech).

Also as I think about it there are a lot of exceptions, like Boba Fett and the Stormtroopers.

Come to think of it, "Boba Fett and the Stormtroopers" would be a good band name.

There where wheeled droids in the Geonosis battle scene:

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/dvd/aotc/bog36s422.jpg

Yeah, and I didn't like those either... But at least those looked weird enough not to be conventional wheels. For example, they appear to be driven from the periphery and have no hub.

I suppose pedants might note that the mouse droid on the Death Star in "A New Hope" also had wheels. Still, I think the principle is sound.