Hey all

Here's the deal : started by painting the model with a grey primer, followed by MM Aircraft Interior Black. After a light once-over with 1200 grit sandpaper to smooth out the paintjob, I proceeded to apply a coat of thinned Tamiya XF-69 Nato Black, as I wanted to add the slight green tint.

What do you think, is the colout too light? Obviously it's not finished yet, but I was just wondering.

Please, do not hold back . . . .

TIA

Quintin

PS. I know the pics aren't that great, but I wanted to capture the colour, not the detail.

base1.jpg

base2.jpg

Edited by QHoneyborne
Well, it's difficult to tell the exact color, because you're using a yellow, incandescent light it seems. It also looks like the first pic is dark enough, but the second one doesn't.

#2!!!

Hey Habu!

I see the pics are really crappy! I'll try and take some decent ones over the weekend.

Thanks for the feedback, abyway! :blink:

Cheers

Quintin

QHoneyBorne

If you can find fluorescent tubes with a wavelength at or above 6300 Angstroms. they closely match noon day sun. Additionally they are less expensive then color corrected full spectrum tubes.

I've been using them in my photo area and paint area with good results.

Mark