Still working on the RoG Tomcat for the GB, but I've hit a bit of a snag here, and would appreciate some assistance.

I'm at the point right now where I'm putting on the Phoenix racks. One of them went on without a hitch, but I can't seem to get the second one to lay flat. The problem is that the back end seems to be a bit warped and wants to sort of curl up :cheers: . I've tried rubber bands...no luck. I've tried weighting it down...no luck. I can't get a clamp to do the job because the clamp won't fit in between the intakes.

Any suggestions??? :bobby:

The hasegawa tomcats have this tendancy too, even in 1/48. I fact more often then not.

Just time , pressure and then something to hide the cracks.

You know I have only had one time that there was not a huge visable seem that required putty. thats on my 3rd tomcat for the group build. (photos when decals come) And wouldnt you know? Its the black bunny. So no one can see any mistakes anyway. :cheers::bobby:

What kit is this for?

Well regardless, my suggestion, flow a generous amount of CA under there, and press and hold it till it stays. That's what I had to do on my 1/72 Hase.

That´s the way! Even the expensive Hasegawa kits have this problem. Especially the Tomcat kit. One wouldn´t expect so much work on such an expensive kit, but it really has some funnies...and I keep building them...2 built, three in the pipeline.

CA and hold down until dry. If the glue won´t stick, you might try to scrape off some paint from the areas and try again. In this case, you´ll have to do some minor touch-ups. That´s why I glue all the parts first on my Tomcat´s belly. (Not the landinggear, though)

HTH

István