My son's X-wing Fighter

My nine year old son Drew wanted you all to see his finished MPC X-wing. He's utterly obsessed with Star Wars and is eagerly awaiting the new moive; he's already watched the trailer five times!

He did the airbrushing with minor help, and used a wash for the first time on this one. He did all the hand painted detail work himself. He even used Future for the decal gloss coat. Let me just say I was NOWHERE near this when I was his age, that's for sure.

There was a nice in-flight clear stand for it, but somehow the "Dark Side" of the force made it collapse. We think... :P

xwing2.jpg

xwing1.jpg

Well done Drew! It loks great the decals are well done and the details pop out. Don't worry about the stand - get a small piece of wood, some brass tubing and ask you Dad how to use a drill. It will be flying in no time!

How about a Tie fighter next?

:P

Wow, at 9 Airbrushing, Clear/dull COating decals and Washing.... What else could you ask for?? Joe, your kid is GOOD!!!

Drew, keep it up, I know that by 17 you're going to completely blow away with your kits!!

Take Care