No, some of the best machines are from RotJ, but they're either crappy molds, out or production, never made, or all three.

I like the idea of more capital ships, but I think we need to know the scale before we get excited. If it's 4 inches long it's going to be a waste of time.

On the other hand, if it's anything like the craptacular (hey, it's a perfectly cromulent word!) Star Destroyer from AMT, I won't want it either.

What would be nice is, if with the new interest in SW modeling, other people get the rights to do older models, only better. Recently Fine Molds has done smashing jobs on several fighters. Imagine if they did equally smashing jobs on larger scale ships!

ISD at 5280ft (give or take) converts to about 10 inches (1/500 scale) or about 15 inches (1/350 scale) -- I could go for either, as long as other ships were done in the same scale.

Know what bugs me, though? All the ships they never made!!! Mon Cal cruisers, winged, unwinged, Home One, the rebel transport (ladybug like ship), the Correllian Corvette! I'd have loved one of those (larger scale, of course). and the list goes on...

Hi guys,

here's some more info on the forthcoming RoG Star Wars kits.

All kits but the Star Destroyer will be EasyKits. That are prepainted SnapTite kits. Nevertheless, the level of detail is quite convincing and with some extra painting you'll get the results as seen at the link.

The Star Destroyer fits really good. Its only drawback is that it doesn't include a display stand.

The other five (SnapTite) kits also include painted figures of Anakin or Obi-Wan or Clones etc.

Regards, Bernd

I like the idea of more capital ships, but I think we need to know the scale before we get excited. If it's 4 inches long it's going to be a waste of time.

ISD at 5280ft (give or take) converts to about 10 inches (1/500 scale) or about 15 inches (1/350 scale) -- I could go for either, as long as other ships were done in the same scale.

The new RoG STD type ship will be about 50cm (19.6") long. Of course how big an 'actual' ones is, we'll have to wait for more info.

Jari

All kits but the Star Destroyer will be EasyKits. That are prepainted SnapTite kits. Nevertheless, the level of detail is quite convincing and with some extra painting you'll get the results as seen at the link.

And what about the scale of the figters : 1/72 like Fine Molds or anything like AMT?

Easy and prepainted kits sounds like "crappy toy" to my modeler's ears... :thumbsup:

And what about the scale of the figters : 1/72 like Fine Molds or anything like AMT?

Easy and prepainted kits sounds like "crappy toy" to my modeler's ears... :wave:

There is no confirmed scale...it's only sci-fi ;).

But judging from the figures, Anakin's and Obiwan's Starfighters are both bigger than 1/72 scale. Same goes fot the AT-RT.

The ARC-170 Clone Fighter is probably a bit smaller than 1/72...once again according to the figures.

And yes, you're right. A prepainted kit doesn't make things easier for us serious modelers. But we are not the main target group ;). And as I said before, the detail is very convincing: Cockpits with internal structures...recessed panel lines and so on...

I would say the overall quality is somewhere between AMT and Fine Molds.

Well, if the structure is good, then what's wrong with a little paint remover?  Sounds like reconditioning one of my old kits, except without having to pry the pieces apart!  ;)

Beat me to it.

Paint can always be removed and reapplied. What's important is how much detail these little darlin's have.

Personally I'm rather partial to the SD type ship. Clone fighter isn't bad either.

Edited by Panda Phil

Want to try that math again?

5280ft at 1/500 would 10.56 FEET, not inches. Need to get down to around 1/6000 to get to 10 inches.

Odd that the Jedi ships look like early versions of Imperial Craft (TIEs, Star Destroyers) while the Clone ships look like early versions of Rebel craft. You'd think it would be the other way around given who ends up fighting on which side in the long run.

Then again, I guess the defense contractors will work for anyone...

Want to try that math again?

5280ft at 1/500 would 10.56 FEET, not inches. Need to get down to around 1/6000 to get to 10 inches.

Erm... It was gremlins in my calculator! Yes.. That's it!

There is no confirmed scale...it's only sci-fi :thumbsup:.

But judging from the figures, Anakin's and Obiwan's Starfighters are both bigger than 1/72 scale. Same goes fot the AT-RT.

Fine Molds has made excellent Sci Fi Kits with a constant 1/72 scale.

It allows us to make some dioramas using aircraft crew figures and accessories from Hasegawa and Fujimi... and you can put different starfigthers on the same diorama...

If Revell AG goes to Snap Tite easy kits with a non standart scale like 1/61,3 or anything other than 1/72, 1/48 or 1/32, I'll never purchase it whatever detailed the kits are (I'll make an exception for capital ships).

If Revell AG goes to Snap Tite easy kits with a non standart scale like 1/61,3 or anything other than 1/72, 1/48 or 1/32, I'll never purchase it

And I'll add it would be a bad return in the past of modelling... like AMT did... :thumbsup:

After looking at the pics and especially the box size, i'm starting to wonder if these are actually model kits as we know them or nicely detailed toys (some assembly required). I suspect its going to be 1-body 2-pilot, 3-gunpods X2, 4-wings L,R 5-fins X4 and a sheet of stickers. And all molded in some kind of unglueable plastic.

From the info i've heard, the STD will be the only glue kit amongst the bunch, the rest will be Easy Kits, basicly open the box and pull the 'kit' out. We should find out soon enough as they are supposed to be released in a couple of weeks according to some sources.

Jari