F-16 ARC article preview

Drewe.

Looks great - you even got the right color in the back of the AMRAAM nozzle. The weathering is very subtle, which is right-on for a boss jet. Will you go into detail on the weathering and what you used for photo back ground? If not, could you please let us know?

Very nice - I look forward to the article.

Cheers

Ken

Ken,

Thanks for the compliment! I didn't go into detail about weathering or the flag background in my article, so I'll mention it here. For the weathering, I srubbed dry dark gray pastel dust into the paint (gloss coated, so most of the dust would not stick, making the surface look only slightly dirty). I think this is similar to the technique Kaan Gok uses. For the flag background, I took a roughly 17x12 inch flag and attached it to the back of a sturdy model box. I then stood the box up on the table I was photographing the model on and placed something heavy behind and on the lip of the box to keep it from falling and destroying my model. I used a white poster board for the ground. I then placed my digital camera about a foot away from the model and kept taking pictures until the model was correctly aligned in the picture. I hope this information was helpful to you. Let me know if you have any more questions!

Drewe.

Looks great - you even got the right color in the back of the AMRAAM nozzle. The weathering is very subtle, which is right-on for a boss jet. Will you go into detail on the weathering and what you used for photo back ground? If not, could you please let us know?

Very nice - I look forward to the article.

Cheers

Ken

Think you're getting yer Drewes and Drews mixed up Ken! Funny, I'm more used to people missing out the E from my name, I wonder how Drew feels about someone adding an E? B)

It's no problem. Haven't had it happen to me much, but it is kinda odd to see an E at the end of my name. B) BTW, I'm actually not sure the backs of the missiles are right, since they're not live rounds (blue stripes). Can anyone clarify?

I'm actually not sure the backs of the missiles are right, since they're not live rounds (blue stripes). Can anyone clarify?

Drew,

Since they're not live the back of the missile would just have a flat plate covering it, painted the same color as the missile body.

Regards,

Murph

Think you're getting yer Drewes and Drews mixed up Ken! Funny, I'm more used to people missing out the E from my name, I wonder how Drew feels about someone adding an E? B)

DOH! I have a nephew Drew also. Thanks for the correction DREWE and sorry for the misspelling DREW.

So there! :D

Ken

• 2 years later...