WOW!!!!! :banana:

I hereby request a technique article from you on how to acheive that incredible finish. PLEASE????

Otherwise, I may have to take up stamp collecting instead... that is one incredible SBD... And I love SBDs!

AWESOME!

Please an article on your technique??? Don't make us beg... though if you want, we will.

Wow.

~ tracy

I hereby request a technique article from you on how to acheive that incredible finish. PLEASE????

A technique article would be wonderful, but how about a brief summary of how you did it here, so we don't have to wait!

You've done an amazing thing with paint Chris :thumbsup: !!!!!!!!

:cheers:

Truly a fine job,on an exellent aircraft.I believe I have one on route in the mail...should have next week.I suppose I shall have to bump it up on the priority list :thumbsup:

As stated by others, the faded looks very convincing.Did you overspray with thinned white,or similar ?Please do tell !!!

Pics. saved in "favorites"...thankyou.

Sincerely;

Paul T

Wow!! :cheers::thumbsup: I've got AM's SBD-5 sitting in my stash. I only hope it will come out 1/10th as nice as what you've accomplished. The weathering on your Dauntless is absolutely fantastic. Terrific job!! Ivan ;)

thanks for all the kind words guys!! hey, i'll be back later to explain the process on the weathering!! its kinda lengthy, so i'll need a little more time than what i have now........sorry. as Arnold would say........"I'LL BE BACK"! later. :cheers:

ps. there are a few more pics here if you care to see them:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v47/saltydog322000/AM%20SBD-3/

Edited by saltydog

Friggin' awesome!

I'm dying here... I must know your secret. That's the best fading job I've ever seen.

You guys kill me. After I thought I had learned all the tricks, someone pulls another one on me.

Great work dude.

Charles

Accurate Minitures is a truly deserving name for this masterpiece :worship:

I will be one of the many waiting anxiously to read your technique for achieving the faded paint finish . . . . brilliant :thumbsup:

Friggin' awesome!

I'm dying here... I must know your secret. That's the best fading job I've ever seen.

You guys kill me. After I thought I had learned all the tricks, someone pulls another one on me.

Great work dude.

Charles

He took it to a Pacific Island for a few months and left it on the beach. :thumbsup:

Nice work!