Hello everybody. I'm running a theme of the history of fighter aircraft in 1/48th scale. As a light hearted end model I thought that the TIE from Star Wars would be fitting. I seem to remember from years ago that the AMT kit (being reissued as 38270) featured a Darth Vader figure in about 1/48th scale. Am I correct? If not could you suggest any other suitable kit to fil this niche. Only 42 days to go now until we can all greet each other with: "May the fourth be with you" :lol:

Actually, Darth Vader's TIE Fighter is closer to 1/32 scale. Maybe even 1/24, I forget.

AMT/Ertl did produce a kit with a *pair* of standard TIE Fighters (straight-winged) that's basically 1/48...The kit's OOP, but is relatively easy to find on eBay.

Not my auction.

Edited by calculon

As Calculon mentioned, the AMT ERTL Darth Vader TIE is about 32nd or 35th scale. The ESTES Darth Vader TIE Fighter rocket kit is roughly 48th scale and can be built into a nice model of Vader's TIE with some work (I have one and plan to do that in formation with the ERTL 48th scale TIE twin pack), however if you are looking for a Vader figure in 48th, there is none in the kit.

I've got the Estes "standard" Tie fighter sitting in front of me- definitely looks to be 1/48 scale.

The ungainly, counterwieghted rocket flight section is long gone (20+ year-old kit!). Those things look silly flying in an atmosphere, anyways!