• Y-Wing
    • A-Wing
    • B-Wing
    • Naboo Starfighter
    • Jedi Starfighter
    • TIE Fighter
    • TIE Interceptor
    • Vader's TIE

Based on the flight sims, I think speed is the most important consideration. Guns only have a range of 1.5km and have to be aimed manually (the Empire having forgotten how to make long-range weapons or decent optics). This puts a premium on being able to move fast and, if necessary, put distance between you and the enemy while you wait for your shields to recharge.

So I have to say the A-Wing because of its speed and agility. Plus it's small and I don't think it would take up too much extra space in my apartment building's parking lot.

Of course, my heart will always belong to the Colonial Viper.

When I was a boy, before all these fancy new-fangled computer flight sims, we used to play a Star Wars board game called "Star Warriors". Of course it was basically two-dimensional, but apart from that it was quite fun. We used to come up with stats so that we could include other space-opera fighters, such as the Viper or the Buck Rogers Thunderfighter. Good times, good times...

Based on the flight sims, I think speed is the most important consideration. Guns only have a range of 1.5km and have to be aimed manually (the Empire having forgotten how to make long-range weapons or decent optics). This puts a premium on being able to move fast and, if necessary, put distance between you and the enemy while you wait for your shields to recharge.

So I have to say the A-Wing because of its speed and agility. Plus it's small and I don't think it would take up too much extra space in my apartment building's parking lot.

Of course, my heart will always belong to the Colonial Viper.

When I was a boy, before all these fancy new-fangled computer flight sims, we used to play a Star Wars board game called "Star Warriors". Of course it was basically two-dimensional, but apart from that it was quite fun. We used to come up with stats so that we could include other space-opera fighters, such as the Viper or the Buck Rogers Thunderfighter. Good times, good times...

YES, also my second favorite, running close behind the X-Wing. And the Viper is very close, too, but that's an entirely different matter.....

Birds of a feather! :thumbsup:

My All-time favorites in the Fighter/Attack category (version 2005)

1) SA-43 Hammerhead (Space: Above and Beyond)

2) Colonial Viper Mk. 2 (Battlestar Galactica 2005)

3) X-Wing Fighter (Star Wars)

4) UFO Moonbase Interceptor (UFO)

5) Colonial Viper (Original Battlestar Galactica)

6) Thunderfighter (Buck Rogers)

7) Sky 1 (UFO)

8) TIE Interceptor (Star Wars)

9) Y-Wing (Star Wars)

10) VF-1A Valkyrie (Robotech)

Okay, now back to your regularly scheduled thread. ;)

Edited by dragon

1) SA-43 Hammerhead (Space: Above and Beyond)

2) Colonial Viper Mk. 2 (Battlestar Galactica 2005)

3) X-Wing Fighter (Star Wars)

4) UFO Moonbase Interceptor (UFO)

5) Colonial Viper (Original Battlestar Galactica)

6) Thunderfighter (Buck Rogers)

7) Sky 1 (UFO)

8) TIE Interceptor (Star Wars)

9) Y-Wing (Star Wars)

10) VF-1A Valkyrie (Robotech)

Okay, now back to your regularly scheduled thread. :P

No Earth Alliance Starfury or Thunderbolt?

Those UFO interceptors were one shot wonders, no internal cannon to back up the single numclear missle they carried!

I like the slip fighters in Andromeda and the Stargate SG1 F-302 fighters are rather beaut as well!

:thumbsup:

MikeJ

Well, if we're going to look beyond Star Wars to other space-opera military-themed science fiction, I have to nominate:

(1) Colonial Viper (from the original and only true Battlestar Galactica)

(2) Thunderfighter (from the Buck Rogers TV show). The one or two-seat version, but specifically excluding the "family car" multiple-seat version.

(3) Hawk's fighter (also from Buck Rogers).

(4) The Visitors' fighters (from V).

I always liked the B-Wing. Just like the Hurricane, F-105 and Buccaneer, ugly but with a purpose. Playing X-Wing and taking on Frigates in that big beast was a blast.

Speeding around in the A-Wing was fun too. Drop the shields, redirect laser energy and nobody could catch me.

Speaking of those two guys, I should build them this year.

Edited by Trevor

hya

well if ere having open catogory enteries i choose the following:

1st

SA-23 Aurora starfury: the most practial and feisable design for a starfighter design!!

eafury-a_lg1.jpg

the uglyest, btu most powerfull:

thirdspace fighter from B5

3rdfighter.jpg

this is growign on me with the new serries and all

cv.gif

the all-round classic

xwing.jpg

weakest.....

stveh12.jpg:cheers: