1/32 zero, first model, in progress (cockpit)

hi guys and gals,

tell me what you think so far this is my first model, its a 1/32 zero so far i have most the cockpit sides done.

Picture183.jpg

Picture178.jpgPicture177.jpg

Picture167.jpg

Picture165.jpg

Picture137.jpg

Picture136.jpg

comments welcome, i used some streched sprue to make the wires, i didnt like the eduards flat photoetch ones.

I find it really discouraging that this is your first model. :cheers: My first model sure didn't look ANYTHING like that.

That looks fantastic! I'll be happy if my 1:32 Zero looks even 1/4 as good as yours.

i used an airbrush to paint the major colors, like the green and black, then i masked and brushed (pretty much drybrushed) and silver colors. Its just turing out good so far, ill be pleased if the rest turns out good, ill post some pics when im done. Thanks for all the kind words guys!!!!

• 1 month later...
Great, What sources did you use for your techniques. fine scale modeler, boyer's books on technique, and what souces squadron signal in action or walk around? Any information would be helpful as I am about to start a project, the first in about forty years. Doug

How about ARC?

Between the tools-and-tips section and this discussion forum, there's enough information to build great models. And anything you can't find, you can just ask and usually get good answers fast!

I'm guessing that Camaroz06 meant his first model in June!

Or it's Richy or Pig in disguise!

:o Beautiful work! You are off to a brilliant start!

Chris :lol:

Edited by Zactoman