Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy....

I too am looking forward to H2G2 next week. Although it won't live up to the original books (not that it could, with Douglas Adams' writing style), it should still be a good show.

D.A. once wrote about the 'trilogy in four parts,' that book 2 contradicted book 1, book 3 ignored book 2 and book 4 ignored them all. To D.A., each time he wrote another chapter to H2G2, it was really a new story based on the same characters and ideas. Since D.A. was involved with the screenplay before his death, I imagine that it'll be more of the same.

I now pass the podium over to the real masters - the mice...

wait, you're surfing on Maximonline, but you're checking out a movie review??? :lol:

J/k man ;)

Dude... do you think I DIDN'T see Brittany Murphy on the front page??? I may be single and somewhat introverted, but I ain't dead! B)

("I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed"..... Let's see if Alan Rickman says that in the show)

It is going to take a lot of gettign used to Zaphod not having Two actual heads on his shoulders...

As to Marvin I always pictured him more like a shambling tall lanky version of Gir from Invader Zim...

Or was Gir a short version of my interpretation of Marvin???

Oh well

I am going to see the film and am certianly taking a Towel or two...

william G :P

has anyone noticed that the voice of the book is the same bloke who was the book in the TV series 20+ years ago?

:cheers:

MikeJ

As well as I think for the BBC radio and the Audio Tapes too...

William G :thumbsup:

has anyone noticed that the voice of the book is the same bloke who was the book in the TV series 20+ years ago?

:cheers:

MikeJ

?? Per the IMDB, "Voice of the Book" in the 1981 TV series was Peter Jones. For the 2005 movie, it's Steven Fry. Not that it's that important...

:thumbsup:

MikeJ

?? Per the IMDB, "Voice of the Book" in the 1981 TV series was Peter Jones. For the 2005 movie, it's Steven Fry. Not that it's that important...

I stand corrected.

have not been on IMDB in a while.

My son and I went to it yesterday and I enjoyed the show. While knowing a little about it, I have never read the books (lapse on my part). My son picked up the hardback version on sale at Barnes & Noble with all 5 books plus a new story and it was on clearance. I have dubs on it as soon as he finishes.

Oh yeah, the petunias were there.

Took the wife to see it tonight,

She said that if she did not like it afterwards because some of the critics are paning it, I would owe her big time.

Well she said she was impressed and she thought it was a good movie.

But me being the Hitchhiker nerd I took my towel with me.

and sat back to watch a good movie,

Could not help but get a tear in the eye at the end of the movie when the DA planet went wizzing by.

Almost wet myself when I saw the original Marvin in the queue on Vogosphere.

Loved the movie and cant wait to get it on DVD wonders what extras will be on it.

William G

:thumbsup:

Almost wet myself when I saw the original Marvin in the queue on Vogosphere.

Could of added a spoiler warning there Brother.

Saw it last night. Was good but a bit quick and didn't do it justice. Trillion was a dissapointment but apart from that it was great.

Did anyone notice that Zaphod at times started to sound a lot like George W. Bush?

Overall,I think I'd have liked the movie more if I hadn't read the books. I felt like they took a lot of the jokes from the book and cut them in half. (I'm talking about stuff like the lying-in-front-of-the-bulldozer at the beginning.) Plus, I thought the end was a tad cheezy. They also could have done a LOT more with Zaphod's extra bits. Oh well. When I make the movie...

OH yeah, and watch at the very end for the very last thing the Heart of Gold changes into when they turn on the Improbability Drive. It's Douglas Adams.

Oh SPOILER!!!!!!!!!

Actually it is Douglas Adams Head, as a planet from the Starship Titanic video game.

Have to dig that one up and play it again.

Trillian... PERFECT!!!!

Zaphod, No I don't think he sounded like Bush...

Ford.... Not quite what I thought of, ( No smile that went from ear to ear)

Arthur.. Perfect...

Marvin.... Absofrigginloutly perfect.

I loved the Horse sound when Mr Prosser is telling Arthur that the bulldozer would take no damage at all... WHY Wasnt there a Digital Watch ????????

I did not really like the design of the Heart of Gold. Come on a Sleek Runing Shoe is not a Basketball ,,,, Or the first third of Starbug.

I still am a bit upset that the Poetry Apriciation Chairs were just slabs of rock.

and I was a little upset that at the end of the film after the credits were almost through they did the "careless talk" bit, but did not use the i seem to be having difficulty with my life remark....

Oh well.

Gotta go get a copy of the TV series on DVD soon I wore out my tape.

William G